MurphDogg

Bundy traded to Angels for Isaac Mattson, Kyle Bradish, Zach Peek, and Kyle Brnovich

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t know that he sold low.   We got some interesting pitchers here.   But I do hope Bundy thrives with the Angels.    Good guy, and I kind’ve like the Halos.    

Sold low implies that he's about to turn a corner.  I think if that happens it'll be because he's pitching in a much friendlier environment, possibly with less juicy baseballs.  I think it's very unlikely he becomes anything but a mid-to-back rotation guy.  This isn't Jake Arrieta, with all kinds of promise and no ability to put it together.  Bundy's fastball has lost 3-4 mph and it's never coming back.

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Hopefully it means we will see some of Akin, Kremer, Wells etc. to fill out the rotation. I am equally nonplussed if the plan is to replicate the Wojo, Ynoa, Hess, Brooks, Straily, Yak, and Eshelman brigade from last year.

Cobb

Means

Wojo

Akin

FA

If I had to guess.

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Good chance Akin is up by May/June. Maybe rest by late in year.

What other plan do you think they are going to do?  They aren’t going to rush any arms.  

As pointed out in the non-tender thread, there are some interesting names on that list that could come cheap:   Tyler Anderson, Taijuan Walker, Kevin Gausman.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

As pointed out in the non-tender thread, there are some interesting names on that list that could come cheap:   Tyler Anderson, Taijuan Walker, Kevin Gausman.

Tyler Anderson just signed with  the Giants. 

7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Good chance Akin is up by May/June. Maybe rest by late in year.

What other plan do you think they are going to do?  They aren’t going to rush any arms.  

Good chance Akin is up opening day. 

21 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Maybe, I dunno.  I mean, if there's an open window around I want to be around it so I can fart into a breeze.  That's about all the thought I give to "windows"

Oh, so you're a Mac man.

Mac_89d47a_1471638.jpg

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Bundy and Villar wouldn't have been here in 2022 anyway. Villar would have been a free agent after 22020 and Bundy after 2021.

What changed? If anything their odds improved with Means turning into a legit starter, the farm system had a slightly better year overall than I expected, and they didn't do anything dumb and drafted Adley.

I thought Bundy had been under team control through the 2022 season? And I'm not saying I think ownership is doing a bad job, just that their sites seem a little further down the road.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

But service time!

I hope he has a really good ST just to see how they handle it.