MurphDogg

Bundy traded to Angels for Isaac Mattson, Kyle Bradish, Zach Peek, and Kyle Brnovich

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

I like Mattson, he's one of those guys who is really hard to square up, but I'll be pretty bummed if he's the main piece. 

Four is a big number of pitchers for a return, sounds like he may be the headliner. Hopefully some of the others are at least somewhat interesting.

O's to get 4 pitchers according to the Sun.

Mattson needs to be put on the 40 man roster if the O's want to protect him from the Rule 5 draft.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Don't know if there's more than Mattson, don't really care.  

If we're talking about enjoying watching Villar playing and how the team is less interesting without him...well, I never really liked watching Bundy pitch that much and won't miss him.  Pretty sure the Orioles HR rate just got a little bit better.

I agree with you about not enjoying watching Bundy pitch. I think it's because I had such high expectations for him and his body language on the mound always seemed kind of odd too. 

Just now, wildcard said:

O's to get 4 pitchers according to the Sun.

Mattson needs to be put on the 40 man roster if the O's want to protect him from the Rule 5 draft.

By '20, right?

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Four is a big number of pitchers for a return, sounds like he may be the headliner. Hopefully some of the others are at least somewhat interesting.

A tweet suggests the others haven't been named because they haven't been contacted yet. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Wonder if 2 would be in our top 20.

Mattson would likely be just outside or on the edge of 20, so if he is the headliner, my guess is no.

Fingers crossed he isn't the headliner.

Just now, Enjoy Terror said:

That seals the deal. I am no longer an Orioles fan. I’ve been a fan since 1982 and a season ticket holder since 1996. I officially will not be renewing my plan next season nor will I watch on tv ever again. Elias is officially the worst gm in history.

I kinda want to know who the other players are first, but you do you.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Enjoy Terror said:

That seals the deal. I am no longer an Orioles fan. I’ve been a fan since 1982 and a season ticket holder since 1996. I officially will not be renewing my plan next season nor will I watch on tv ever again. Elias is officially the worst gm in history.

I hope that was dripping with sarcasm.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• The latest mock from Jonathan Mayo... https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-mock-draft-june-3?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage    
    • I'll be back because...well, I love baseball.  I love the Orioles.  I really can't imagine MLB being played and not paying attention on some dumb principle that I have against the players and the owners because they're both spoiled assholes.  You can't get mad at water for being wet.   That said... God #@$%ING DAMMIT.  @#%& every last one of them.  MLB just...never gets it right.  The most painful thing in all of this is that they had a chance to lead.  They had a chance to be the first pro sports league to get it together this summer, to come up with a plan to get back to playing and be the first ones on stage Nascar doesn't count, you can't prove me wrong with NO OTHER COMPETITION.  MLB, the sport with the oldest, fart-knockingist fanbase.  MLB, the sport that always seems to lag behind other sports in...just about everything.  MLB, the sport with the dumbest marketing where they try SO HARD TO BE COOL AND RELEVANT.  They had such a prime opportunity to be front stage and center.  No NBA, no NFL and no NHL.  They had an opportunity to be leaders, to show the other leagues how it's done and the opportunity for starved sports fan to see what a great game it can be.  THEY HAD A CHANCE TO HAVE A COMPLETELY CAPTIVE AUDIENCE. And they blew it.   The NBA made it back first, which is not surprising.  In the NBA, you get players that make a metric $%#*ton of money and are also hyper aware and concerned with defining their legacy.  LeBron James is chomping at the bit to get back on the court because he knows this might be the best/last time he can contend for a title and if he wins it, it'd add to his legacy.  You get a guy like Giannis who is obsessed with knocking him off.  Meanwhile, in the MLB you get guys like Snell and Harper who are sitting around bitching about money.  You get the feeling that if someone told Harper this year he would bat .400 but would have to play for free to do it, he wouldn't think twice about sitting out instead of doing something that hasn't been done since 1941 and might not ever happen again.  If someone told Snell he could break Bob Gibson's ERA record for a season or strike out 384 batters this year but not make any money doing so, he'd flip you the bird and sit around and play video games.  World Series?  Forget it, they would just view it as extra work.  I think LeBron would play for free the rest of this summer if he thought he had a chance at another title. I'm not sure where the NHL is in regards to restarting their season because it's...the NHL.  But it wouldn't surprise me if they got their act together and figured out a way to finish, it certainly looks like they're trying harder. And you know the NFL is going to play come hell or high water.  The NFL will not miss a week.  They will start on time.  Because they all know there's too much on the line and that by the end of this summer that people will look to their league as something that can bring people together and help them heal.  People will go ballistic if the NFL start date gets pushed back or if games are missed.  But baseball not happening is seemingly being met with apathy from the general sports fanbase.   @#$% you, MLB.  I'm not saying @#$% you forever, but for right now in this very moment, @#$% you.  @#$% you for being so far behind in everything.  @#$% you for being the last sport to make a statement on George Floyd, only doing so because people noticed you didn't and they called you out on it.  @#$% you players, @#$% you owners, @#$% you all.  @#$% you for not seizing a golden opportunity when you had one because you can't see past your stupid @#$%ing paychecks and your dumbass collective bargaining agreement.  @#$% you for not being able to put your differences aside to be able to play in a time where your fellow countrymen would love nothing more than to watch a game and forget about a pandemic and civil unrest.  @#$% you for not being there when we actually needed you.
    • This came up on my suggestions. Pretty good cover by some youngsters.  
    • Scores high as being personable and well spoken!   Was also interesting during the “Texas History Quiz”, when he and Millar were asked to name one of the seven Texas born Hall of Famers,  he quickly answered “ Nolan Ryan” (natch) but when neither he nor Millar came up with a second quickly, Chris Rose read the rest.   Frank Robinson was one of them, to which Lacy commented  “ I did not realize Frank Robinson was born in Texas”. (Almost like .... how did I miss that when studying up on the Orioles.... 🤔!)
    • This brings up a definitional question... is a five tool guy someone who is outstanding in each area or someone who is average-or-better (at MLB level). The latter may be more how it’s used for prospect evaluation, whereas the former is more from a historical look-back. 
    • Yes, but I would hardly call it a stadium. I can't believe that pro players played there. Its small for legion ball.
  • Popular Contributors