Jump to content
MurphDogg

Bundy traded to Angels for Isaac Mattson, Kyle Bradish, Zach Peek, and Kyle Brnovich

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Gausman had two things going for him after the trade: his BABIP was really low, and he allowed a few less home runs.  He actually struck out fewer batters and walked more than he had with the Orioles.

If you look at his FIP it's been between the mid-3.00s and mid-4.00s almost every single year/team of his career.  

If he's cheap enough, Gausman would be a good guy to go get this offseason and then see what he looks like in a relief role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm not sure how much trade value either player has, but I think it's pretty clear almost no one is off the table, to include Mancini if the offer is right.

It sure sounds like it.  Down to the studs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

But the magic question is what will their value be in 2022+?  They’ll be in arbitration and likely trending down. Why keep players just to be in a non tender situation?

Agreed, everyone is for sale for a price. However, arguably players like Alberto have more surplus value now than Bundy/Villar, so I could imagine getting more return. Alberto put up 3 WAR and will be getting like $1M with additional years of control, vs one year of Villar 4+ WAR for $10M. (Not sure about Severino, I really soured on him by the end of the season).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

If he's cheap enough, Gausman would be a good guy to go get this offseason and then see what he looks like in a relief role.

I would agree, but my only hesitation is that the rotation is going to be so bad that eventually it would end up feeling like we should just give the guy some starts. I think if he's  going to be a pure reliever going forward, it probably wouldn't be in Baltimore where he used to be at the top of the rotation. 

If I had to guess, he'll go to Toronto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

By the way, if Givens is on this roster at the start of 2019 I'll be shocked.

I have some bad news for you...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, weams said:

It sure sounds like it.  Down to the studs. 

I think we know now why there will be no fan fest this year. At this point just finish the job.  Meaning trade Mancini and Givens. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm not sure how much trade value either player has, but I think it's pretty clear almost no one is off the table, to include Mancini if the offer is right.

As many holes in this team, I would not image anybody is untouchable, if the right offer is made.

Hopefully, we can get production out of some of these guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, interloper said:

I would agree, but my only hesitation is that the rotation is going to be so bad that eventually it would end up feeling like we should just give the guy some starts. I think if he's  going to be a pure reliever going forward, it probably wouldn't be in Baltimore where he used to be at the top of the rotation. 

If I had to guess, he'll go to Toronto.

But this is where we have to trust that everything the Orioles are doing fits their strategic objectives. I've always thought Gausman could be a great late inning reliever with his fastball, change combination. If we could get him under a million, why not? Might be able to flip him if he pitches well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

If he's cheap enough, Gausman would be a good guy to go get this offseason and then see what he looks like in a relief role.

His salary jumped to $9.35M last season.  What kind of deal does anyone think he will get this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

But this is where we have to trust that everything the Orioles are doing fits their strategic objectives. I've always thought Gausman could be a great late inning reliever with his fastball, change combination. If we could get him under a million, why not? Might be able to flip him if he pitches well.

Absolutely. From a baseball perspective, I'm totally on board with that. I just don't know if Gausman has any option at all, that he would choose to come back to Baltimore.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

His salary jumped to $9.35M last season.  What kind of deal does anyone think he will get this year?

I think it's possible he gets like 1/$3 from somebody if the market remains aggressive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I'd want more ...at least 1 prime player (top 100) and a couple of other guys. I expect them to be miles away ....

Do you think the Royals would do Witt JR for Mancini?

Is that last sentence serious? I'm going to assume you're joking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...