MurphDogg

Bundy traded to Angels for Isaac Mattson, Kyle Bradish, Zach Peek, and Kyle Brnovich

BP's transaction writeup had the tidbit that Brnovich was Elon's Friday night guy (#1 starter) ahead of George Kirby, who went in the first round.

More than any comparison between the two players, my main takeaway is...Elon...wow and good for you.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

BP's transaction writeup had the tidbit that Brnovich was Elon's Friday night guy (#1 starter) ahead of George Kirby, who went in the first round.

More than any comparison between the two players, my main takeaway is...Elon...wow and good for you.

Good point.  I wonder who Elon's pitching coach is?

45 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

He thinks player development can create quality from certain raw attributes. So he grabs as many with those attributes as possible.

Most teams try to find the players they like from other teams and try to help them to the next level. My friend is a scout for a MLB team and he is always trying to find a hidden gem from another organization and unlock their talents .Maybe the Orioles didn't do this as much before but they were operating in Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble time.

6 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Obviously you are joking here. But I'd be willing to bet that likelihood of any fan taking that stance over Bundy is low. But even lower for a person that posts or even frequents a site like this.

A rare occurrence does happen. I remember @JTrea81 talking of walking away over Angelos and something that was going on.

I believe he blew a gasket and may have even been banned for a while. 

I still follow that guy on twitter. Very active in politics. Still comments on the O's, at least on twitter. Don't know if he still has that message board. I'm guessing he didn't really get any traffic.

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

I still follow that guy on twitter. Very active in politics. Still comments on the O's, at least on twitter. Don't know if he still has that message board. I'm guessing he didn't really get any traffic.

Is that his Twitter handle or does he go by something else? Mine's completely different that's why I'm asking.

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

Circa 2008 he was advocating the team (remember, with essentially no farm system and a 68-win baseline) sign a bunch of Teixeira/Fielder category free agents to right the ship.  He's probably thrilled with a complete rebuild.  Surprised we haven't felt great disturbances in the force.

The greatest Trea-ism was "no one should ever be criticized for their opinions."

28 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Is that his Twitter handle or does he go by something else? Mine's completely different that's why I'm asking.

Yeah, he's @jtrea81. Lists his real name there (I assume it is).

1 minute ago, UpstateNYfan said:

If I recall correctly, he liked Chris Davis and really was a fan of Justin Smoak. I could be wrong.

Pretty sure he wasn't the Smoak fan.

Trea liked dongs.

3 hours ago, Number5 said:

Good point.  I wonder who Elon's pitching coach is?

Ryan Conroy, our 8th rounder from 2018, is out of Elon, as is Ryne Ogden, a 2B we acquired in a trade last April.