Sign in to follow this  
Roll Tide

IN THE TRENCHES - Current Playoff Scenarios (UPDATED 12/23)

I don't think any of that is correct. The No. 6 seed plays the No. 3 seed, so the Steelers would go to the Texans. The No. 5 Bills would play at the No. 4 Chiefs.

The No. 1 Ravens would then host the worse-seeded winning team from the first round, which theoretically could be any of the Steelers, Bills, or Chiefs. The No. 2 Patriots would host the better-seeded winning team, which could be any of the Bills, Chiefs, or Texans.

2 hours ago, PaulFolk said:

I don't think any of that is correct. The No. 6 seed plays the No. 3 seed, so the Steelers would go to the Texans. The No. 5 Bills would play at the No. 4 Chiefs.

The No. 1 Ravens would then host the worse-seeded winning team from the first round, which theoretically could be any of the Steelers, Bills, or Chiefs. The No. 2 Patriots would host the better-seeded winning team, which could be any of the Bills, Chiefs, or Texans.

You are  right sir ...I still want nothing to do with the Chiefs

KC gets past Patriots .....Essentially giving us a 2 game lead for the #1 Seed. We are now a game ahead and have the tie breaker against New England 

😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

49ers lose a trap game a home vs. ATL, fall back again to #5 seed.  NE & KC keep pressure on Ravens.

What pressure? The Ravens and Browns are going in opposite directions. I'd bet the house on the Ravens next Sunday.

26 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

What pressure? The Ravens and Browns are going in opposite directions. I'd bet the house on the Ravens next Sunday.

I don’t expect Cleveland to lay down unless they fire Kitchens this week

22 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

49ers lose a trap game a home vs. ATL, fall back again to #5 seed.  NE & KC keep pressure on Ravens.

I think we will beat the Browns pretty.  Team had extra rest going in.  They know if they beat the Browns they will basically get the next two weeks off.  Plus the Browns beat them before so they aren’t going to want to lose twice.

• Upvote 1

So I was looking at possible playoff scenarios for the Ravens. I am assuming we take care of business by winning 1 of our last 2.

So Lets look at the AFC

SEED #1 RAVENS        (Need 1 WIN over Browns or Steelers)   The likelihood of not winning at least 1 game is very low.

SEED #2 PATRIOTS      (The Patriots have multiple scenarios between the 2-5 SEED. They have the Bills and Dolphins. The most likely scenario is 2 WINS as the Patriots are home and have already beaten the Bills in Buffalo. If they go 1-1 the Chiefs would leap frog them if they go 2-0 as the Chiefs own the tiebreaker)

SEED #3 CHIEFS         (The Chiefs have the Bears in Chicago and the Chargers at home. They should win 2 eliminated teams and end up with the 2 or 3 seed depending on the Patriots)

SEED #4 TEXANS  (Houston has the Bucs and Titans remaining. You would expect them to beat the Tampa and win against Titans at  home considering they won recently in Tennessee. Although the game was a tight 24-21. Most likely hold the #4 seed but could fall to 6 with 2 losses and 2 Titan wins.

SEED #5 BILLS     (The Bills are likley locked into the 3th seed. They would need 2 wins and 2 Patriots losses to leap frog them. Which is doubtful with the Patriots finishing up against Miami)

SEED #6 STEELERS / TITANS (The Steers hold the tie breaker and have the Jets and a Ravens game that might be littered with back up players and led by RG3. You should expect a win against the Jets. The Titans have the Saints and Texans and 1 loss with likely end their playoff hopes. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Despite getting 4 turnovers in the 1st half Texans and Bucs tied in the 4th Quarter

I have Jackson as my fantasy quarterback in my 25 year face to face cash league. My opponent had Watson. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Despite getting 4 turnovers in the 1st half Texans and Bucs tied in the 4th Quarter

Texans held on ... 23-20... It took 4 turnovers to produce that kind of win??

Patriots up 10 - 3 with 5 minutes left in the second