Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Luke-OH

Luke's 2019 Rule 5 Draft Preference List

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Philip said:

Gosh, folks, after tomorrow afternoon, what the hell are we going to talk about until March?

The mix between AAAA, minor league free agents, and reclamation free agents pitchers the team signs in hopes of having a viable rotation.

We already know that they aren't giving a mediocre free agent a 10 million dollar 1 year deal (the going rate for such a pitcher). So we obviously will be looking for the next Nate Karns hoping for a rebound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

JJ Cooper just added Wandisson Charles to his list, Trevor Megill as well.

Joel Peguero as well, who I didn’t know was eligible but would have probably been on my list if I did.

He’s been reading your stuff.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

The mix between AAAA, minor league free agents, and reclamation free agents pitchers the team signs in hopes of having a viable rotation.

We already know that they aren't giving a mediocre free agent a 10 million dollar 1 year deal (the going rate for such a pitcher). So we obviously will be looking for the next Nate Karns hoping for a rebound.

Drew Smyly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, interloper said:

Drew Smyly.

He probably gets 3-5 million if people believe he is healthy. 
 

An incentive laden deal probably makes sense. But I don’t think they want to pay him 6-10 million if he was to perform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t mind if we took 2 guys we thought could start just to try and get lucky. We could let them go through some ST as SP, then move them to the BP if it doesn’t work out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

He probably gets 3-5 million if people believe he is healthy. 
 

An incentive laden deal probably makes sense. But I don’t think they want to pay him 6-10 million if he was to perform.

Yeah, you're probably right honestly. 

I thought Gausman would get $3 and he got $9 lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frobby said:

He’s been reading your stuff.  

He added the 3 guys in my top five that he didn’t have later in the day after my list came out. That would be a bit of a coincidence. We’ll see if Fuentes and Yonny Hernandez get added in his last update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, interloper said:

Yeah, you're probably right honestly. 

I thought Gausman would get $3 and he got $9 lol. 

I said earlier in the offseason that a MEH starting pitcher gets $10 million. I was pretty close as that’s what Gausman is.

Cashner is probably a $6 million contract 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

He added the 3 guys in my top five that he didn’t have later in the day after my list came out. That would be a bit of a coincidence. We’ll see if Fuentes and Yonny Hernandez get added in his last update.

Great job doing the list and tipping us about Brandon Bailey. It’s pretty funny that you guys put together a top 30 list and then we immediately acquire 8 pitchers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Frobby said:

He’s been reading your stuff.  

 

11 hours ago, weams said:

It has thousands of views. 

Deservedly so!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...