Jump to content
baltfan

Rule 5: Brandon Bailey - RHP -Astros

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, interloper said:

Yep, no one selected him so he's still in our farm system. 

I think I’m happier about this than I am the actual rule 5 picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Philip said:

Well it looks like Sedlock is safe. No one else thought he was worth taking either.

I like it. He's probably not going to be an impact arm, but I enjoyed his revival last year and am interested in seeing where it goes. Would be cool to see him crack the 26-man at some point next season as an emergency bullpen arm or something.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, interloper said:

I like it. He's probably not going to be an impact arm, but I enjoyed his revival last year and am interested in seeing where it goes. Would be cool to see him crack the 26-man at some point next season as an emergency bullpen arm or something.

Oh, I don’t mind, I just wonder who else we could have drafted at that spot who would’ve been a better choice, although At the time I had no opinion, and I don’t remember what the reaction was from the crowd, so I don’t know if it was considered a good selection or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baltfan said:

I think there is confusion.  He is saying he previously was traded for Laureano.

 

 

 

I would say the A's won that trade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, interloper said:

Hey, that's something.

It’s against AZL league pitching but that’s a higher average exit velocity than anyone in the majors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, luismatos4prez said:

So this Cespedes kid has to stay in AAA all year? Mashing in the AZL is cool, but that's a heck of a jump.

The MiLB phase doesn't have the same restrictions. I believe he can play anywhere. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Jackpot, baby!!!!!!111111 WAHOOOOOO!!!!! Great day to be an Orioles fan!!  Rule 5 draft!!!!!!

The sincerity is palpable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, luismatos4prez said:

So this Cespedes kid has to stay in AAA all year? Mashing in the AZL is cool, but that's a heck of a jump.

Qualls said Cespedes, who’s primarily a corner outfielder, likely will be assigned to low Single-A Delmarva.

“Cristopher Cespedes had kind of a breakout season,” Qualls said. “He had a .930 OPS. Just a real interesting toolsy kid as a 21 year old. He still has a couple years of control and we liked a lot of his batted ball metrics and thought he was a nice addition to our system.”

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/12/orioles-select-bailey-and-rucker-in-rule-5-draft.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bobmc said:

Qualls said Cespedes, who’s primarily a corner outfielder, likely will be assigned to low Single-A Delmarva.

“Cristopher Cespedes had kind of a breakout season,” Qualls said. “He had a .930 OPS. Just a real interesting toolsy kid as a 21 year old. He still has a couple years of control and we liked a lot of his batted ball metrics and thought he was a nice addition to our system.”

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/12/orioles-select-bailey-and-rucker-in-rule-5-draft.html

Does this mean until he's a minor league free agent? Would an add to the 40-man roster at some point negate that clock?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...