Jump to content
Il BuonO

Chris Tillman Showcase

Recommended Posts

I'm probably one of the biggest Tilly fans here, and I'll forever be thankful for his steady, stabilizing presence in our rotation at a time when we desperately needed it. 

That said, given where this franchise currently is, I'd just as soon use that flier on a, say, 25-28 y.o. with a clean arm, than on a soon-to-be 32-y.o. with a surgically repaired shoulder who hasn't pitched competitively since 2018. Let's move on.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2019 at 8:23 AM, ScGO's said:

If he threw well enough to impress our new talent evaluators and Elias could get him on a milb, why not

This.  I'm doubtful on all of things happening, but I wish Chris well.  Be awesome to see him make it back to the bigs and have some success.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tillman is part of our past. I wish him well, but if the Orioles signing him again it would border on doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. And there's a word for that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2019 at 10:39 AM, Curse of the Bamdino said:

I'm probably one of the biggest Tilly fans here, and I'll forever be thankful for his steady, stabilizing presence in our rotation at a time when we desperately needed it. 

That said, given where this franchise currently is, I'd just as soon use that flier on a, say, 25-28 y.o. with a clean arm, than on a soon-to-be 32-y.o. with a surgically repaired shoulder who hasn't pitched competitively since 2018. Let's move on.

The guy literally gave us everything he had in the 2016 WC game and we gave him a nice parachute payment for that afterwards.  We actually have really good SP depth in AA/AAA, with real prospects, so I wouldn't even want him there.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, it felt like Tillman should have gotten surgery after 2016, IMO. He was not the same pitcher second half of 2016 and beyond. I know it's a tough decision to make, but trying to pitch on a broken wing for 2 years had to be more miserable than surgery/rehab.  Obviously most shoulder injuries are pretty fatal for pitchers, but if he was ever going to get right, surgery was probably the path. Curious to see if he gets any sort of looks. 

Edited by Bubble Buddy
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bubble Buddy said:

Honestly, it felt like Tillman should have gotten surgery after 2016, IMO. He was not the same pitcher second half of 2016 and beyond. I know it's a tough decision to make, but trying to pitch on a broken wing for 2 years had to be more miserable than surgery/rehab.  Obviously most shoulder injuries are pretty fatal for pitchers, but if he was ever going to get right, surgery was probably the path. Curious to see if he gets any sort of looks. 

The way that he broke is really difficult to come back from and regain the arm strength and velocity. 

He'll probably have to convert to one of those soft-tossing Moyer-esque ultra-control guys to have success now.  But who knows?  Maybe he can do it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morgan423 said:

The way that he broke is really difficult to come back from and regain the arm strength and velocity. 

He'll probably have to convert to one of those soft-tossing Moyer-esque ultra-control guys to have success now.  But who knows?  Maybe he can do it.

I don't see him having the command.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to admit, I love the discussions in the cooling to cold stove part of the year.  MLB Network should have a Cold Stove show too. :)

Pass on Tilly.  Throw a flier on a younger guy with no injuries.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

If the man can pitch, then I don't have any problem having him pitch here.

I'm just not sure he can pitch.

Agreed ... but I’m sure whomever is advising him knows what the radar gun is saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new regime does not seem overly eager to rekindle ties to the past. I don’t see that changing for Chris Tillman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foxfield said:

The new regime does not seem overly eager to rekindle ties to the past. I don’t see that changing for Chris Tillman. 

I can’t remember anyone since Miguel Tejada that we have gone back to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I can’t remember anyone since Miguel Tejada that we have gone back to.

 

49 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Pearce.

Danny Valencia.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...