Aglets

Playoff Game #1: Ravens VS Titans

Who wins?  

23 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will be victorious?

• Baltimore
    • Tennessee

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 1/12/2020 at 01:15

1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Not every QB has every tool.  It may be concerning but you cant suggest he cant win with the tools he has.  And I would suggest that a defense designed to make him throw out cuts is not one that cant be defeated.

That, and the long throw to Hollywood in triple coverage suggest more than enough arm strength, just maybe less 12 yard out patterns with out rolling him out.

Also, why didnt this team incorporate screens at all?

Lamar isn’t the only one to pin this loss on. The Titans minimized his effectiveness running the ball and the coaching bailed on the running backs when the score was still in reach. 

He is not a good Passer... He throws floaters, behind receivers , and passes like the one to Andrews that are easily intercepted if tipped.

You can pin the 5 turnovers on him (2 on downs). Overcoming a few turnovers is difficult. That many is impossible. The 2 ints were bad and all his fault

By Romans play calling or Lamar’s own doing they went to Lamar ball hog mode. It was a bad decision.

1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Tough thing to say about the most accurate 22 year old QB ever.

Looks like it will be another offseason of Lamar bashing.

2 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

The Chiefs look even worse than the Ravens.  Down 21-0 with a minute left in the 1st quarter.

Typical Andy Reid playoff team.

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Lamar isn’t the only one to pin this loss on. The Titans minimized his effectiveness running the ball and the coaching bailed on the running backs when the score was still in reach. 

He is not a good Passer... He throws floaters, behind receivers , and passes like the one to Andrews that are easily intercepted if tipped.

You can pin the 5 turnovers on him (2 on downs). Overcoming a few turnovers is difficult. That many is impossible. The 2 ints were bad and all his fault

By Romans play calling or Lamar’s own doing they went to Lamar ball hog mode. It was a bad decision.

Where on the world are you getting 5 turnovers?  I mean we all know you have some weird thing against Lamar but you are just making up stuff at this point.

I am going guess you are talking the two 4th downs.  Like the one where they needed a yard and the offensive line got push.

I dont get it.  You are clearly biased.

1 hour ago, ArtVanDelay said:

The Chiefs look even worse than the Ravens.  Down 21-0 with a minute left in the 1st quarter.

Yet they didn't panicked, stuck to their game and came back, unlike the Ravens who abandoned the run like they were down by three scores in the second half. 

Watching these two teams play, if goes to show how poor the ravens coaches were yesterday.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Tough thing to say about the most accurate 22 year old QB ever.

You are using completion % to measure accuracy! That only takes into account whether the ball is caught or not. In mant cases he throws high or behind the receiver and the ball is still caught. In addition, the wobbly passes thrown by him are really bad. If you watched the game on tv surely you noticed them.

If you think Lamar is a better passer than Brees, Garrapolo, Rogers, Mahomes, etc...You are kidding yourself!

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Where on the world are you getting 5 turnovers?  I mean we all know you have some weird thing against Lamar but you are just making up stuff at this point.

I am going guess you are talking the two 4th downs.  Like the one where they needed a yard and the offensive line got push.

I dont get it.  You are clearly biased.

2 Interceptions

1 Strip sack

2 turnovers on downs (4th and inches) QB Keeper .... Your guy had the ball in his hands and was unable to gain a single yard on 2 such plays!

The bad play calls can be put on the coaching. The inability to get the yard needed is on Jackson. Hate to bring up Flacco ....But the QB sneak with Joe was nearly automatic!

5 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I agree with you until the last paragraph. I don’t think Lamar is a good passer. I don’t think he will ever be a good passer. If he has to pass to win we are in trouble. We’ve been so good this year at taking it to teams early. 

the longer we were behind the more desperate they got. Lamar was trying to do too much. 

Did you watch the regular season at all or are you going off yesterday and last year? Lamar was not very good yesterday but the entire team, the coaching, probably the ball boys were awful yesterday. 

Can he improve in hitting his WRs on medium to deep outs, sure, but he was fantastic all year and should have buried any concerns over his ability to pass the ball. 

How many dropped passes were there yesterday? How many penalties? Where were the stretch routes by our fast TEs? Why did we start trying to throw the ball all around when down by just one or even two scores?

Roman was absolutely awful yesterday calling this game, but it didn't help the Oline was dominated as well. Was Lamar at his best yesterday, nope, but to say he'll never be a great passer when he just had an MVP season is pretty ridiculous. 

Houston has made a ton of mistakes and committed horrible penalties.  Tennessee basically did nothing wrong.  Big difference.

Still can't believe Greg Roman got out coached by Dean effing Pees of all people.

Mahomes has Kelce, Hill, solid secondary receivers and a head coach not doing insane stuff. Lamar probably watching this wishing he could trade places.

And absolutely have to blame Harbaugh and the play call for those failed fourths. Nobody in their right mind doesn't punt and then take points in those situations. It's the damn playoffs. You don't take degenerate risk and possibly beat yourself.