Aglets

Playoff Game #1: Ravens VS Titans

Who wins?  

23 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will be victorious?

• Baltimore
    • Tennessee

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 1/12/2020 at 01:15

While it’s easy to blame the coaches, the players lost the turnover battle 3-0 and dropped a ridiculous amount of passes.  Agree about taking the points and kicking the FG down 8, but this did not feel like a ravens win for most of the game.  They just looked “off” all night.  And I feel like that missed catch that turned into an INT on the Ravens first drive changed everything.  You cannot give an inferior team confidence.  

48 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

We have to face it, the Ravens were out coached and out played. Everyone deserves blame but Harbaugh should take the most blame for this embarrassment. 

Never in my worse nightmares did I think the Ravens would be this unprepared and play this poorly.

My biggest concern moving forward, that Lamar is the new Peyton Manning. Great in regular season but can't win in the post season.

My concern is, has the league now figured Lamar out?  Are the Ravens going to be the next Rams?  A one year wonder?  

7 minutes ago, Wish said:

My concern is, has the league now figured Lamar out?  Are the Ravens going to be the next Rams?  A one year wonder?  

I don't think so.  Unless 'figuring out' Lamar is getting out to a huge lead so the coaches abandon the running game and Lamar starts to press.  The Ravens beat themselves in this game with costly penalties, dropped passes, and bad play calling.  Credit to Tennessee for playing a sound game and not allowing the Ravens back in it, but that is all they really had to do.  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Wish said:

My concern is, has the league now figured Lamar out?

What did they "figure out"? That Harbaugh does stupid stuff to cost us points and our receiving corp isn't good?

The Lamar gameplan definitely goes out the window when we fall behind by two scores.

I'm still kinda shocked how blatantly Harbaugh mismanaged this game.

• Upvote 2

Did this game remind anyone of the Colts loss to the Jets many years ago?

This was Harbaugh's worst game as a coach. He looked like a high school coach most of the game.

Roman was at his worst tonight.  Terrible play calling all night.

The best running team ever? We hardly ran the ball. 

Nobody is talking about Lamar's stats tonight. 365 yards passing and 143 yards running. Total 508 yards.

To only score 12 points is amazing. Harbaugh seemed relaxed in his post game interview. Surprising!

3 minutes ago, section18 said:

Did this game remind anyone of the Colts loss to the Jets many years ago?

This was Harbaugh's worst game as a coach. He looked like a high school coach most of the game.

Roman was at his worst tonight.  Terrible play calling all night.

The best running team ever? We hardly ran the ball. 

Nobody is talking about Lamar's stats tonight. 365 yards passing and 143 yards running. Total 508 yards.

To only score 12 points is amazing. Harbaugh seemed relaxed in his post game interview. Surprising!

I didn't think of it that way but I see your point. This was one of the worst Coached games, and game plans I have ever seen.

49 minutes ago, Wish said:

Lamar is the opposite of Flacco.  Great in regular season but sucks in the playoffs.  

I do think the 4th down attempt at their own 45 was a terrible decision.  And the 4th down calls were terrible and for some reason they avoided running up the middle.

Pees might win yet another super bowl.  The guy knows how to keep teams from scoring.

1 minute ago, Satyr3206 said:

I didn't think of it that way but I see your point. This was one of the worst Coached games, and game plans I have ever seen.

I don’t think we have to worry about losing any coaches after this game. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I wouldn't be concerned about Lamar not being able to win playoffs games yet, He is only 23 years old. It will be fodder for all the hot takes sports analysts. 

Harbaugh thought needs to do some serious self-evaluation this offseason. This is two straight years he gets punked at home in the playoffs. If next year the same thing happens or worse, I really think you have to evaluate his long term future with the team. 

He made a ton of bad passes in this game. I went to this game and the playoff game last year and Lamar stunk in both games. You can blame bad coaching but he made a ton of terrible passes.  

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

No doubt. Who would want them now.

5 minutes ago, atomic said:

Lamar is the opposite of Flacco.  Great in regular season but sucks in the playoffs.  

I do think the 4th down attempt at their own 45 was a terrible decision.  And the 4th down calls were terrible and for some reason they avoided running up the middle.

Pees might win yet another super bowl.  The guy knows how to keep teams from scoring.

I'm not saying Lamar didn't play bad, but there were also a lot of drops by the receivers and the running backs had 9 carries all night. Gus Edwards had two carries for 19 yards in the first quarter and Roman never went back to him. The Ravens gave up on the running attack when it was still a game. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm not saying Lamar didn't play bad, but there were also a lot of drops by the receivers and the running backs had 9 carries all night. Gus Edwards had two carries for 19 yards in the first quarter and Roman never went back to him. The Ravens gave up on the running attack when it was still a game. 

I kept saying that. Just run the ball up the middle. And too many empty backfields.  

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

I kept saying that. Just run the ball up the middle. And too many empty backfields.  

Same here. Dance with the one that got you there.

5 hours ago, SouthRider said:

I don't think so.  Unless 'figuring out' Lamar is getting out to a huge lead so the coaches abandon the running game and Lamar starts to press.  The Ravens beat themselves in this game with costly penalties, dropped passes, and bad play calling.  Credit to Tennessee for playing a sound game and not allowing the Ravens back in it, but that is all they really had to do.  

They abandoned the running game well before that. They completely gave up on the run when it was just an 11 point game in the 2nd quarter. Harbaugh panicked.

5 hours ago, atomic said:

Or before this game since the openings have been filled.