weams

Iglesias signs with O's

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Per Connolly.

Ah, I missed that

Good to know my presumption was correct.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, interloper said:

Mmm now we're getting into that good good rosterbation talk. 

Answer: basically anybody. 

My guess: Hanhold

Swish

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

They must really like Valaika. 

He is the best backup SS the O's have that will not start the season in AAA.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

He is the best backup SS the O's have that will not start the season in AAA.

7 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Iglesias can spell Martin?????   That is a joke.   Iglesias will be the regular SS and either Valaika, Martin or someone else Elias adds wills spell Iglesias at SS.

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Iglesias can spell Martin?????   That is a joke.   Iglesias will be the regular SS and either Valaika, Martin or someone else Elias adds wills spell Iglesias at SS.

Roch must have gotten that wrong.   If Martin makes the team, he will spell Iglesias, not the other way around.   

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Yeah, this makes no sense.  They just didn't drop a few million on Iglesias to "spell Martin."  I mean, I can spell Martin just fine, as you can see.  M-a-r-t-i-n.  I can also spell the female version just fine, too.... M-a-r-t-i-n-a.  Kinda tricky, but once you get the hang of it, it's not so bad.

Jokes aside, it really doesn't make sense.  I like Richie Martin, I think he can be a good backup middle infielder type.  And he picked it up with the bat in the 2nd half.

But Iglesias wasn't signed to back Richie Martin up, that doesn't make any sense.

But can the backup spell Iglesias?  I-g-l-e-s-i-a-s.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Roch must have gotten that wrong.   If Martin makes the team, he will spell Iglesias, not the other way around.   

Haven't you learned your lesson about criticizing Roch yet?

• Haha 1

Signing Iglesias is a solid move for this money. Sorry, Richie Martin is inferior offensively and defensively. 

Would have preferred we did a deal like Jimmy Nelson then Jose Iglesias.

High risk/high upside, over high floor low ceiling. Maybe it's too early to be hoping those type of deals?  

11 minutes ago, Scalious said:

Would have preferred we did a deal like Jimmy Nelson then Jose Iglesias.

High risk/high upside, over high floor low ceiling. Maybe it's too early to be hoping those type of deals?  

My guess is that Nelson could have gotten that same deal from any team and he chose the Dodgers.