sportsfan8703

The Waiver Wire

Another former TB Ray reliever DFAd

Casey Sadler, pitched for LAD last year

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/sadleca02.shtml?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-

The Rays are just flat out stacked with talent. Look at some of the trades they’ve made recently because of 40 man issues. They have a 40 man crunch. Sadler was traded to the Dodgers last year. He produced. The Dodgers are also stacked. 

Sadler and Faria are two former Rays that have produced in the MLB, instead we have a former Ray, Cole Sulser, on the 40 man that has no MLB track record. 

I don’t know how are one inning relievers like Armstrong, Fry, Phillips, Kline, etc..., keep surviving when there is actual quality out there. And guess what... we have lots of players on our 40 man, maybe 5-10, that could easily be DFA’d. 

Valaika was claimed by Arizona. He had cleared the whole AL and half the NL. Remember this happened with Alberto last year. Don’t be surprised that if he is DFAd if we claim him. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/15/2020 at 4:58 PM, Larry18 said:

Surhoff’s nephew 

Though Moran was Surhoff’s nephew. Does he have more than one playing professional baseball?

5 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Though Moran was Surhoff’s nephew. Does he have more than one playing professional baseball?

Yeah, Greg Zaun. Haha. Jk. It’s really Colin Moran the 3B from Hou/Pitt. He was rumored in a possible Britton deal with us. 

38 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Both Brian and Colin are his nephews. It’s on his BR player page

Just saw that Nick Margevicius was DFA'd by SD.  Could be more rotation depth.  23 year old LHP who may have been rushed a little bit to the majors.

11 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Just saw that Nick Margevicius was DFA'd by SD.  Could be more rotation depth.  23 year old LHP who may have been rushed a little bit to the majors.

Was thinking the same thing. Thought he’d be an easy improvement to the rotation.

Guarantee he has more value than DSJ

On 1/16/2020 at 3:55 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

Another former TB Ray reliever DFAd

Casey Sadler, pitched for LAD last year

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/sadleca02.shtml?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-

The Rays are just flat out stacked with talent. Look at some of the trades they’ve made recently because of 40 man issues. They have a 40 man crunch. Sadler was traded to the Dodgers last year. He produced. The Dodgers are also stacked. 

Sadler and Faria are two former Rays that have produced in the MLB, instead we have a former Ray, Cole Sulser, on the 40 man that has no MLB track record. 

I don’t know how are one inning relievers like Armstrong, Fry, Phillips, Kline, etc..., keep surviving when there is actual quality out there. And guess what... we have lots of players on our 40 man, maybe 5-10, that could easily be DFA’d. 

I was hoping we’d get Sadler when he was dumped by the Rays, and was disappointed when the Dodgers of all teams picked him up.

I’d like to get him now.

• Upvote 1

On 1/17/2020 at 6:23 PM, ScGO's said:

Claimed on waivers by Seattle.

On 1/17/2020 at 9:12 PM, Philip said:

I was hoping we’d get Sadler when he was dumped by the Rays, and was disappointed when the Dodgers of all teams picked him up.

I’d like to get him now.

Could be a nice pickup, though he'll be 30 in July.  I appreciated these updates by you and others.

33 minutes ago, Ven6 said:

I was coming to post about this too.  A side effect of how strikeout crazy the game has gotten - relievers with 5/1 K/BB ratios in near full season workloads getting DFA'd.  He could come close while Givens focuses on RHB and Harvey tries the fireman thing, though that would be less fun than Harvey following in Dad's footsteps.

The Twins as super team must think they know something we don't about Tyler Clippard - I get Rogers/May/Romo/Duffey/Graterol ahead of this guy obviously for their 2020 bullpen, but Clippard?

Harper's 18 K-BB% about midway between Givens's sturdy 23, and Armstrong's 14 for Orioles second best reliever at that metric last year, discounting Harvey's 27 in a mere 6 innings.