Sign in to follow this  
Tony-OH

Greg Roman is most at fault

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

As I said earlier but with an error. I’d move up as needed to get Oklahoma’s LB Kenneth Murray  (said Ohio Stateby mistake). 

I think you can replace Pierce for a quarter on the dollar. That’s why I’d let him walk . 

Clowney can line up anywhere along the line and would fit right in with our defense. Suh’s the guy with the bad reputation that I don’t see the Ravens signing 

I have seen Murray mocked to the ravens twice where they're at.

7 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I have seen Murray mocked to the ravens twice where they're at.

As usual the combine will change things as players climb and slide.

5 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

As usual the combine will change things as players climb and slide.

I agree.  I think with the current class of WR and the success of rookie WR last year (Hollywood, Metcalf, Deebo, McLaurin) you will see a lot of them (6?) come off the board in the first round.  Should be a good year to get high defensive prospects late in the first. 

3 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I agree.  I think with the current class of WR and the success of rookie WR last year (Hollywood, Metcalf, Deebo, McLaurin) you will see a lot of them (6?) come off the board in the first round.  Should be a good year to get high defensive prospects late in the first. 

Don’t forget Tennessee’s AJ Brown who was among the best. Can you imagine if we had selected Metcalf in round 2? We would’ve been set at TE and WR for the foreseeable future.

19 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Don’t forget Tennessee’s AJ Brown who was among the best. Can you imagine if we had selected Metcalf in round 2? We would’ve been set at TE and WR for the foreseeable future.

A lot of people whiffed on Metcalf.  For the record I am fine taking Hollywood over Metcalf despite what may become of their careers.  The ravens needed both a field stretcher and a big bodied outside threat.  The former was more important to the offense for the run, and I think Boykin was a reasonable gamble at the other.  I do not think a suitable Hollywood clone was available in the later rounds.  So I am okay with the process.

That said.  Barring injury I would expect Metcalf to be the best WR of that draft long term.

4 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

A lot of people whiffed on Metcalf.  For the record I am fine taking Hollywood over Metcalf despite what may become of their careers.  The ravens needed both a field stretcher and a big bodied outside threat.  The former was more important to the offense for the run, and I think Boykin was a reasonable gamble at the other.  I do not think a suitable Hollywood clone was available in the later rounds.  So I am okay with the process.

That said.  Barring injury I would expect Metcalf to be the best WR of that draft long term.

Me too!

On 1/22/2020 at 11:50 AM, Camden_yardbird said:

This is suppose to be a great WR class why wouldn’t you take a receiver if one is available. 

On 1/23/2020 at 7:45 PM, atomic said:

This is suppose to be a great WR class why wouldn’t you take a receiver if one is available. 

I am suggesting one wont be there.  I think the the flaw the ravens mostly dont fall into is saying you want one of the top WR and then taking the so-so option when the good ones are taken.

That's how you end up with Breshad Perriman.

That said if Higgins, Shenault, Lamb, or Jeudy are there.  Yea I am grabbing them.

Ruggs and Reagor dont really suit our needs.  Though I would love to see a team try and defend opposing fly routes by Hollywood and Ruggs.

6 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Trade up and draft a stud receiver. Give Lamar another big weapon.

They need a stud MLB more than another WR. I’ve said all along, Play Andrews, Snead, and Brown at WR. Start Hayden at TE and add Boyle when you need two. Draft Murray 

On 1/25/2020 at 8:41 AM, Camden_yardbird said:

I am suggesting one wont be there.  I think the the flaw the ravens mostly dont fall into is saying you want one of the top WR and then taking the so-so option when the good ones are taken.

That said if Higgins, Shenault, Lamb, or Jeudy are there.  Yea I am grabbing them.

Ruggs and Reagor dont really suit our needs.  Though I would love to see a team try and defend opposing fly routes by Hollywood and Ruggs.

2015 was a poor year for WR.  Lots of swings and misses.  A couple of diamonds in the later rounds in Lockett, Diggs, and Crowder.  But after Cooper, a lot of busts. 

On 1/25/2020 at 8:41 AM, Camden_yardbird said:

I think you take best player available.   There is always weaknesses and players get injured.

6 hours ago, atomic said:

I think you take best player available.   There is always weaknesses and players get injured.

But I think MLB is the most glaring weakness of all on the team.  We have essentially no depth there.  Bynes was a nice fill, but not permanent.  WR would be nice to grab another piece, but I think we can get by on what we have and a later pick or two at receiver.