Sign in to follow this  
Moose Milligan

Should we go after Jeff Luhnow?

5 hours ago, joelala said:

In all seriousness though, I would be open to the idea of Hinch as our next manager if he doesn’t receive a lifetime ban...

God, no, not after this, and I think he sucks anyway.

Some team will give him an assistant job once his suspension is over. There’s only so many GMs in the MLB that have gone through a rebuild and/or won a WS. 

Everyone thought Beltran was some type of genius. He was a a cheater. He likely cheated as a player too. Same with Cora. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Some team will give him an assistant job once his suspension is over. There’s only so many GMs in the MLB that have gone through a rebuild and/or won a WS. 

Everyone thought Beltran was some type of genius. He was a a cheater. He likely cheated as a player too. Same with Cora. 

If you'll do that stuff, you'll do other things. 

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Got love how Craig pushes an agenda.  Some days I miss Shysterball, other days I don't.

I don't see how one thing has any relevance to the other.

25 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Got love how Craig pushes an agenda.  Some days I miss Shysterball, other days I don't.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

You could argue both matters concern a win at all costs, do whatever maximizes profit without regard to collateral consequences mentality.    But I won’t.  

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You could argue both matters concern a win at all costs, do whatever maximizes profit without regard to collateral consequences mentality.    But I won’t.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Seems related to how Lunhow is a crappy person. 

• Upvote 1

Remember when Jeff Luhnow felt on top of the world after acquiring Greinke? Yeah, things have sure gone south all of a sudden in a big way, that's for sure.

39 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Remember when Jeff Luhnow felt on top of the world after acquiring Greinke? Yeah, things have sure gone south all of a sudden in a big way, that's for sure.

I wonder if the Astros will have to pay Luhnow and Hinch for the years they were under contract that were not covered by the suspension.    

Nah, but I admit that the thought/concern crossed my mind (however fleetingly) that the Astros might try to lure Elias and/or Sig back. 

Have to believe there's next to no chance of that happening, though.

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I wonder if the Astros will have to pay Luhnow and Hinch for the years they were under contract that were not covered by the suspension.    

Wouldn't this come under "dismissal for cause"?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Win Column said:

Nah, but I admit that the thought/concern crossed my mind (however fleetingly) that the Astros might try to lure Elias and/or Sig back. 

Have to believe there's next to no chance of that happening, though.

Roch was on 105.7 this morning and Haynie & Vinnie asked him that question.   He says he doubts it.  Elias is a year into the rebuild here with his fingerprints all over the entire organization, he doubts he would want to go back to Houston with the situation they are in now.   But he also said that anything is possible, he couldn't say there was zero chance.

1 minute ago, Number5 said:

Wouldn't this come under "dismissal for cause"?

I don’t know.    If MLB saw fit to suspend them for only a year, it might not be strong enough cause for outright termination.    But, you could argue it the other way.   And of course, who knows what their contracts said (if anything) about what constitutes “cause.”