Frobby

Poll: what do you think of the Astros’ punishment?

What do you think of the Astros’ punishment?  

144 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What do you think of the Astros’ punishment?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 1/20/2020 at 20:32

21 minutes ago, atomic said:

Canseco bragged about walking past players working out with weights in team training room and laughing at them for wasting their time when they could just be taking steroids. I  hardly think he ever tried to make himself look less bad by saying other people were using too. And he actually named names of players on the Athletic's who were also using steroids who all denied it.  

So he was laughing at the guys working out without using steroids?  They must have been in the 10%.😲

51 minutes ago, Number5 said:

So he was laughing at the guys working out without using steroids?  They must have been in the 10%.😲

Yeah the 3 guys on the team he wasn't shooting up with steroids in the locker room.  You know his teammates like Mark Mcguire, Rafael Paleirmo, Jason Giambi. And one of the guys he probably was laughing at was Mike Bordick who was using later when he got to the Orioles. 

13 minutes ago, atomic said:

Yeah the 3 guys on the team he wasn't shooting up with steroids in the locker room.  You know his teammates like Mark Mcguire, Rafael Paleirmo, Jason Giambi. And one of the guys he probably was laughing at was Mike Bordick who was using later when he got to the Orioles. 

Has there ever been a suggestion that Mike Bordick used steroids?    I haven’t heard that before.   

On the one hand, I think most of the specific players Canseco called out for using steroids ultimately admitted it after vehemently denying it at first, or later tested positive for steroids.     And on the other hand, I think 85% is a number he pulled out of his ass and would have no real way of knowing.    

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Has there ever been a suggestion that Mike Bordick used steroids?    I haven’t heard that before.   

On the one hand, I think most of the specific players Canseco called out for using steroids ultimately admitted it after vehemently denying it at first, or later tested positive for steroids.     And on the other hand, I think 85% is a number he pulled out of his ass and would have no real way of knowing.    

I suggested it as he got considerably larger one off-season with the Orioles. And before he turned 32 he had less power than Rich Dauer.  Then all of sudden his power numbers go up.  And he hits 20 at age 35.  

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I can see where Papi would value discretion.

I mean, they said the results of that test would stay secret!

Just now, weams said:

I mean, they said the results of that test would stay secret!

I was also talking of that other thing, in the Dominican.

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I was also talking of that other thing, in the Dominican.

I was sorry he was shot. 

On 2/20/2020 at 4:00 PM, weams said:

Papi says Fiers is a snitch.

Fiers has received some death threats.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Ortiz says snitches get stitches. 

7 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I'm guessing Manfred, Crane and various Astros players have as well.

Sad to say but death threats isn't a super high bar.

On 2/19/2020 at 12:29 PM, Frobby said:

I assumed he did.  From the time he turned pro through age 32 he hit 49 homers in 13 seasons.  Or less than four a year.  From '99-00 he hit 30, including 20 in one season.  His three highest doubles totals were from 32 to 34.  Those years were peak PED years prior to testing.

I guess that could have been a coincidence or hard work.  But it wasn't OPACY park effects, in both '99 and '00 he hit more homers on the road.