Sign in to follow this  
MongoBoy

Super Bowl 4

9 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

And there was also no team for 12 years which pretty much negates the "head start" (there are plenty of teams that have been around for a long time).

Don Shula was on there, though he coached longer in Miami. 

And won both of his 2 SB wins, with the Dolphins.

Most of the AFC expansion teams, took a few years to catch up with the play of the NFC.

Of the top 100 Ball Players for Baltimore, how many was pre 1970?

54 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

They introduced a grouping of Colts, maybe six of them together.  That didn’t include Unitas, right?  They also had Lewis and Ogden.  It was a pretty good size group.

Just going down the list on the NFL website:

Lenny Moore, Gino Marchetti, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis,  John Mackey, Jonathan Ogden, Jim Parker, Raymond Berry, Johnny Unitas. I might have missed someone.

Also guys like Rod Woodson, Deion Sanders, Ted Hendricks, Don Shula who all spent multiple years in Baltimore but are known for their achievements elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Just going down the list on the NFL website:

Lenny Moore, Gino Marchetti, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis,  John Mackey, Jonathan Ogden, Jim Parker, Raymond Berry, Johnny Unitas. I might have missed someone.

Also guys like Rod Woodson, Deion Sanders, Ted Hendricks, Don Shula who all spent multiple years in Baltimore but are known for their achievements elsewhere.

Deion Sanders in Baltimore?????? I dont remember that.

Personally, I dont put any of the Ravens with the Guys who played here for the Colts,

A lot of great players came out of that time period, when the Colts played here.

There are 2 different franchises, but thats just my own opinion and not shared by many.

Like lumping the Nationals with the Senators, but they are really the Expos.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Deion Sanders in Baltimore?????? I dont remember that.

Personally, I dont put any of the Ravens with the Guys who played here for the Colts,

A lot of great players came out of that time period, when the Colts played here.

There are 2 different franchises, but thats just my own opinion and not shared by many.

Like lumping the Nationals with the Senators, but they are really the Expos.

You’re reading way too far into this.  All I said was that Baltimore seemed to be represented more than any other city.

3 hours ago, backwardsk said:

They introduced a grouping of Colts, maybe six of them together.  That didn’t include Unitas, right?  They also had Lewis and Ogden.  It was a pretty good size group.

I thought Unitas was in the group they called the Baltimore Colts. And the current group included Ed Reed.