Frobby

Chris Davis, 2020

3 hours ago, InsideCoroner said:

I don't think you're in the minority, just the opposite. Who would root for Davis to fail? I think everyone would love to see him have a huge bounceback year (or years). I just feel more and more that it's unlikely to ever happen. 

How can you not root for him to do well, if you are a fan of the team?

That doesnt meant we stick our head in the sand and pretend there isnt a problem.

At least they are working with identifying the problem and a solution.

Time will tell.

22 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

How can you not root for him to do well, if you are a fan of the team?

That doesnt meant we stick our head in the sand and pretend there isnt a problem.

At least they are working with identifying the problem and a solution.

Time will tell.

We all want Davis to play well if he is on the team, but Davis hasn't been good enough to be a regular in the starting lineup since 2016. Davis is going to be 34 years and the odds are against him to turn it around. We'll see if a more muscular Chris Davis can hit better soon enough. 

Seeing the quote about crushing arms and the hip issues, I wonder if he has the male weightlifting syndrome, where all he wants to do is biceps and chest, that would explain a lot.  A lot of power is generated from the legs and hips.  If his workouts were solely upper body based, that is going to lead to the aforementioned hip injuries and wear and tear.  When I trained for a marathon I dropped my leg days because they were worn from all the running, but realized quickly I was hurting myself more in doing so.  Hope he has a solid team. 

As to the looking at pitches, I mean, dude has been worst player under scrutiny of massive contract with most striekouts and worst batting average in a season,  I'd have a case of the freeze hitting too.  

Either way, I will be rooting for him as he as always been a good guy, he's an Oriole, and I can't blame or get mad at him for the massive contract he received; having said all that, I hope he has the dignity to walk away from the game as he says he would if he has another terrible year.  

The interview with Roch is interesting.  I think it is clear that regardless of what anyone thinks of the contract or Davis, that he cares.  I don't mean in the "i'll try anything" mode.  But more on the lines of he wants to be the feared hitter he was, and that it bothers him that he has not been that guy.

Of course, this interview like others, gives an impression that maybe he does not actually believe he can improve.  It does seem that everyone knows this is the last chance to make it work.

I hope he crushes it!  How could you not.  But I am relieved in the feeling that this is the moment.  And I will be genuinely hoping he makes a great flash.

It should go without saying that all Oriole  fans root for Davis to do well.  When I hear a Fake Oriole fan rooting against him,  then there is no credibility for a person saying he is an Oriole fan.  As long as Chris or ANYONE puts on an Oriole uniform, that person represents the Baltimore Orioles, and therefore for TRUE Oriole fans, deserves our respect .  

13 minutes ago, Oriole1940 said:

It should go without saying that all Oriole  fans root for Davis to do well.  When I hear a Fake Oriole fan rooting against him,  then there is no credibility for a person saying he is an Oriole fan.  As long as Chris or ANYONE puts on an Oriole uniform, that person represents the Baltimore Orioles, and therefore for TRUE Oriole fans, deserves our respect .  

Well, if we are fair, I can see how an Oriole fan might resent the amount of money spent on Davis, when we might have invested those dollars a bit more wisely and kept...Manny, for instance.  That may not be fair to Davis, but I can see that resentment.  I wouldn't agree with that position, but I wouldn't say I couldn't respect that person as a fan.  But I would agree that a fan that actually harbors ill will for Davis is moving into a different area of resentment. 

2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

We all want Davis to play well if he is on the team, but Davis hasn't been good enough to be a regular in the starting lineup since 2016. Davis is going to be 34 years and the odds are against him to turn it around. We'll see if a more muscular Chris Davis can hit better soon enough. 

More than muscles, limited hip movement sounded like he didnt have his whole body to hit.

34 is almost half my half, so please dont make it sound so dang ancient. :) :) :) :)

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

The dust-up with Palmer actually was two years ago.

It all starts to run together but you are most definitely correct. 

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

If he does that for the season, I will forgive him.   

If he does that  they can trade him for a couple 17 year old Dominicans. 

49 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

Hope he can turn it around and show some semblance of positive value so he can be moved. 

Stranger things haven’t happened.  

• Upvote 1