Jump to content
Frobby

Chris Davis, 2020

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, atomic said:

He might have been sick or had a family emergency.  I don’t see it as a big deal.

Working on his swing no doubt and lost track of the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are looking at this the wrong way. The less time Davis spends in camp the less time he has to be negative influence on the younger players. I'd be perfectly fine with him not showing up until late March. 

And aside from perception does it really matter if he is or isn't putting the time in and/or trying to improve at this point? He can dig all he wants, but he's never getting out of this hole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

You guys are looking at this the wrong way. The less time Davis spends in camp the less time he has to be negative influence on the younger players. I'd be perfectly fine with him not showing up until late March. 

And aside from perception does it really matter if he is or isn't putting the time in and/or trying to improve at this point? He can dig all he wants, but he's never getting out of this hole. 

He can "climb" is what I meant to say. 

My analogies will make much more sense after I finish my first cup of coffee ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He could very well be in camp. Roch alluded to the fact that some players may have reported outside of the time/place when media is present. He didn't name every single other position player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, interloper said:

Pretty big news on the second tweet. 

I'm sure they talked about it. I'm even more sure it was about how stupid it would be for him to do. I really wish he would stop trolling O's fans with this "i'm thinking of retiring" garbage. We have it bad enough as it is, we don't need to hear how Davis is seriously considering throwing away 10s of millions of dollars when we all know that will never happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LTO's said:

I'm sure they talked about it. I'm even more sure it was about how stupid it would be for him to do. I really wish he would stop trolling O's fans with this "i'm thinking of retiring" garbage. We have it bad enough as it is, we don't need to hear how Davis is seriously considering throwing away 10s of millions of dollars when we all know that will never happen.

It does complicate whether or not Elias wants to release him if he thinks there's a chance Davis will give up the rest of the contract. Just from our point of view it seems like Davis is stringing Elias along. But I'm sure they've had more in depth conversations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

Betcha the guy who might have a chance at the 26th spot on the roster cares if he is.

Well, whatever.  That guy probably understands that Davis has more years and money on his contract and that takes precedence over who is more deserving of the spot.  It's unfortunate but it's the truth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, LTO's said:

I'm sure they talked about it. I'm even more sure it was about how stupid it would be for him to do. I really wish he would stop trolling O's fans with this "i'm thinking of retiring" garbage. We have it bad enough as it is, we don't need to hear how Davis is seriously considering throwing away 10s of millions of dollars when we all know that will never happen.

Has he ever talked publicly about walking away before?  I remember him talking about his frustration several times, but never quitting before the end of his contract.  I think this is significant however unlikely it might be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Has he ever talked publicly about walking away before?  I remember him talking about his frustration several times, but never quitting before the end of his contract.  I think this is significant however unlikely it might be.

No, to my knowledge this is the first time he's mentioned it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, interloper said:

 

I really do not remember that many fly balls "dying on the warning track."  I remember a lot of swinging and looking strike outs.  Which adding 25 pounds of weight won't help avoid.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

I really do not remember that many fly balls "dying on the warning track."  I remember a lot of swinging and looking strike outs.  Which adding 25 pounds of weight won't help avoid.  

The ball was juiced and balls were flying out of every park last year. He's kidding himself.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 129 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...