Jump to content
Frobby

Chris Davis, 2020

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

It's amazing to me that a player with a grand total of three good MLB season can have this much of an ego. I'm also not sure why it's even Davis call in the first place. He's an employee of the Orioles. If they tell him to change his swing / approach then he should have to do it. Whether it offends his fragile little ego or not. 

I think the collective bargaining agreement prohibits this, but Davis as a point of personal pride should be ready to take drastic measures to see if his swing can be fixed.

Cal Ripken overdid it by making adjustments to his swing between at bats, but I’ll take that over a player who refuses to do anything and is the worst offensive player in the game. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I think the collective bargaining agreement prohibits this, but Davis as a point of personal pride should be ready to take drastic measures to see if his swing can be fixed.

Cal Ripken overdid it by making adjustments to his swing between at bats, but I’ll take that over a player who refuses to do anything and is the worst offensive player in the game. 

 

If he’s not willing to make changes then bench him in perpetuity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

If he’s not willing to make changes then bench him in perpetuity. 

I wouldn't even had him fielding grounders today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am surprised no one has commented on gaining 25 pounds in  about 4 months.  It is almost impossible to gain that much muscle without help.  Especially for someone who has worked out their entire life.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, accinfo said:

I am surprised no one has commented on gaining 25 pounds in  about 4 months.  It is almost impossible to gain that much muscle without help.  Especially for someone who has worked out their entire life.  

I found it a lot easier to build muscle mass at 34 then I did as a younger man.

 

My guess is that it's not all good weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, accinfo said:

I am surprised no one has commented on gaining 25 pounds in  about 4 months.  It is almost impossible to gain that much muscle without help.  Especially for someone who has worked out their entire life.  

I could easily gain 25 pounds in 4 months if I put my mind to it.

Oh, you said MUSCLE.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

He has already made $120+ Million, they have generational wealth. Do you think his wife has her eye on a private island? I'm sure she just wants her husband to be happy.

Oh come now....my wife is going to tell me...yes, give up the 50 million that you get just by going and playing ball or sitting on the bench at Camden Yards?  Ha, ha...my wife would be pretty clear...get your butt to work, big boy!  lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Oh come now....my wife is going to tell me...yes, give up the 50 million that you get just by going and playing ball or sitting on the bench at Camden Yards?  Ha, ha...my wife would be pretty clear...get your butt to work, big boy!  lol.  

Especially when that work is sitting on the bench and staying in four star hotels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Oh come now....my wife is going to tell me...yes, give up the 50 million that you get just by going and playing ball or sitting on the bench at Camden Yards?  Ha, ha...my wife would be pretty clear...get your butt to work, big boy!  lol.  

🤷‍♂️ Life is short and they likely already have more money than they know what to do with. I wouldn't want to spend six months a year for three years being miserable and away from my family if it had zero impact on my ability to provide for my family and didn't provide me real tangible benefits down the road. I could see Chris preferring to watch his daughters grow up and going fishing. Negotiating a buyout and walking away from some of that money could be a totally rational decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Oh come now....my wife is going to tell me...yes, give up the 50 million that you get just by going and playing ball or sitting on the bench at Camden Yards?  Ha, ha...my wife would be pretty clear...get your butt to work, big boy!  lol.  

GOD I'm glad I don't have one of those!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

🤷‍♂️ Life is short and they likely already have more money than they know what to do with. I wouldn't want to spend six months a year for three years being miserable and away from my family if it had zero impact on my ability to provide for my family and didn't provide me real tangible benefits down the road. I could see Chris preferring to watch his daughters grow up and going fishing. Negotiating a buyout and walking away from some of that money could be a totally rational decision.

According to the MASN article he discussed quitting with his wife. And if he struggles again will do so again later this season. That doesn’t sound like his wife wouldn’t be on board with the decision. You make some really good points and Davis has already made plenty of money. IMO, there also is the element of pride! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wouldn't even had him fielding grounders today.

 :noidea: He's not going to be released this ST. He WILL get innings this year. He has to be in playing shape. He has to be in playing trim, get sharp.

 

Not just to you Corn, but to everyone... Do you REALLY think Elias and Hyde are going "bench him for the first two months til he retires?" DEFY their bosses, the Bros? What a ridiculously naive idea!:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AuburnAL said:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/orioles-chris-davis-considered-walking-away-from-baseball-after-2019-season/

"Right now I want to be an everyday player," Davis told Trezza. "I consider myself an everyday player and I think it's the case until its proven otherwise."

I genuinely don't understand why people like this guy or feel sorry for him at this point.  His best moments were a long time ago and he's got Derek Bell-like levels of arrogance and entitlement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, scOtt said:

 :noidea: He's not going to be released this ST. He WILL get innings this year. He has to be in playing shape. He has to be in playing trim, get sharp.

 

Not just to you Corn, but to everyone... Do you REALLY think Elias and Hyde are going "bench him for the first two months til he retires?" DEFY their bosses, the Bros? What a ridiculously naive idea!:rolleyes:

If he’s being honest in the interview another bad start will finish him up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

If he’s being honest in the interview another bad start will finish him up.

Well we all hope...

 

But it is what it is. He's on the team. He has to get ready to play, just like everyone else. :noidea:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...