Greg Pappas

Poll: Grading Elias' Tenure Thus Far

How would you grade Elias' tenure thus far?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. How would you grade Elias' tenure thus far?

3 hours ago, DoobyDoo said:

My question for you is why are you so sure that they were involved? Just because they were part of the Astros organization is not a good enough reason. 

This is just really naive. If Elias and Sign didn’t know what was going on then what does that say about their role with the Astros?  

Anybody can drink Orange Koolaid and pretend they had no idea. Whatever you guys have to tell yourselves. 

Personally, I’m for cheating. I don’t see the Yankees and Red Sox apologizing for their WS teams having $300 million payrolls. People can just keep being white knights and believing that Elias and Sig were completely out of the loop. 

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This is just really naive. If Elias and Sign didn’t know what was going on then what does that say about their role with the Astros?  

Anybody can drink Orange Koolaid and pretend they had no idea. Whatever you guys have to tell yourselves. 

Personally, I’m for cheating. I don’t see the Yankees and Red Sox apologizing for their WS teams having $300 million payrolls. People can just keep being white knights and believing that Elias and Sig were completely out of the loop. 

Where did I say that they did not know? To me, knowing is not the same as being a direct, active participant.

We’ll see what happens as the season progresses and more continues to come out about this story. I doubt that Elias will be connected, but I’m not going to pretend that I’m 100% certain of that.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

They have been accused of cheating with tracman in the minors.  There is zero chance that Elias and Sig did not know what was going on. As something like 12 teams reported the Astros were cheating it wasn’t much of a secret and they were major executives in the organization that was actually cheating.  As I find tanking to be cheating I don’t think it is much of a stretch to believe they were involved. And if you read Elias statements about the situation before the suspension of Lunhow they were very supportive of the Astros management. 

I honestly didn’t hear about the track man minor league stuff until now, so I read an article about it. I’m assuming you’re referring to the accusations that they altered trackman data to influence how other teams receive the value of their prospects in potential trades? That’s definitely sketchy and points to the unethical vibes of the organization. I’m not sure if that would’ve been at his direction or if that’d be an analytics department issue.

Either way, I’m not debating whether they knew or not about the sign stealing and it’s certainly clear that they were a part of an unethical organization.