Sign in to follow this  
Enjoy Terror

Projected Rosters-- Full Season squads

It's early, but what are your thoughts about about the four full season squads and who will be on them? Trying to get some thoughts about what people think, and things that have been objectively confirmed by the media.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

I have it all on my home computer!   

But I'm not home.  lol

Looking forward to seeing this....

1 hour ago, Enjoy Terror said:

It's early, but what are your thoughts about about the four full season squads and who will be on them? Trying to get some thoughts about what people think, and things that have been objectively confirmed by the media.

I’d like to get some info from Minor League Spring Training and analyze it a while before I break out the squads but am open to discussing individual guys.  Maybe we can talk about each and every one before March and build rosters one by one!  

I hope Hernaiz and Henderson break camp with Delmarva, but based on Elias's comments, that doesn't sound likely.

It will probably be Welk at 3B, Ortiz at SS, Carmona at 2B there. Encarnacion 3B in Frederick

Also think McKenna will be in Norfolk to be in OF rotation, compete w/ Mullins to be the 4th OF in Baltimore at some point this season.

14 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Baltimore         Norfolk        Bowie        Frederick      Delmarva        Aberdeen            GCL
1B   Mancini            Rondon        Palmeiro   Escara          Dashbach       Cespedes           Cruz
2B   Alberto            Herrera         Canelo       Grenier         Ortiz                 Alvarez               Romero
SS   Iglesias           Martin           Mora          Hall               Hernaiz           Carmona
3B   Ruiz                 Bannon         Reyes        Welk              Henderson    
C    Severino           Wynns         Cumbrlnd  Rustchman   Handley                      
LF   Smith              Mountcstle   Jarrett      Neustrom      Ferguson        Sparks                Prado  
CF   Hays               Mullins        McKenna    Watson         Fontana          Janvrin               Bellony
RF   Santander      Diaz             Nichting      Rizer             Stowers          Tavarez               Infante
DH   Nunez            Stewart       Ripken                                Torchin                

Sisco                                                
     Urena              
     Williams                                          
     Davis

Means             Wells              Hall           Rodriguez      L.Rodriguez   Zebron                   Lopez
     Cobb                Zimmerman  Hanifee    Rom               Roth                Daza                      Chavez
     LeBlanc           Kremer          Baumann  Knight            Peek               Denoyer                Delosantos
     Wojo               Akin                Bradish      Fenter           Stauffer          Y.Rodriguez          Learas
     Hess               Lowther         Ortiz          Wilson            Hammer                                        Moore
     Stewart                                                                            Brnovich               
     Bailey             Phillips          Bishop       L.Perez          Lyons
     Rucker            Alvarado      Diplan        Dietz               Conroy
     Scott              Lakins           Lebron       Litscher         McSweeney 
     Armstrong     Sulser          Sedlock      Vespi              McClarty
     Castro            Mattson      Mucknhrn  Naughton       Gillispie
     Harvey           Tate             Jimenez     Matson           Magee
     Fry                 Carroll           Erwin         Peralta             Perkins

Wow!  That’s very thorough-great to look at.  Some of these minor league staffs are going to be absolutely devastating.  I see some very difficult series ahead for hitters.

At first glance, I didn’t see JC Encarnacion on a squad.  And coincidentally your Ironbirds are without a 3B.  I could see him here after maybe extended spring?

This year of ABs and instruction is pretty big for him as I see it.  Get back into the prospect scene for him and for us let’s see what he can do.  Is there anything to build on?  I think yes.  He’s still so young and my videos have him pretty lean. 

4 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

@RZNJ Givens and Bleier absent. What are you thinking about those two?

I honestly forgot about Bleier but just guessing that Givens get traded before the season starts.

7 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

I hope Hernaiz and Henderson break camp with Delmarva, but based on Elias's comments, that doesn't sound likely.

It will probably be Welk at 3B, Ortiz at SS, Carmona at 2B there. Encarnacion 3B in Frederick

Also think McKenna will be in Norfolk to be in OF rotation, compete w/ Mullins to be the 4th OF in Baltimore at some point this season.

All of what you say is possible.  I was wondering where I should put Curran and Encarnacion.   Neither has shown much progress or earned a promotion to Frederick. I would suggest that Welk has a better chance to compete in that league than Encarnacion. I think Encarnacion and Curran are potentially release candidates this spring with Curran the more likely possibility.   One dimensional hitters who haven't really shown much progress in that area.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

All of what you say is possible.  I was wondering where I should put Curran and Encarnacion.   Neither has shown much progress or earned a promotion to Frederick. I would suggest that Welk has a better chance to compete in that league than Encarnacion. I think Encarnacion and Curran are potentially release candidates this spring with Curran the more likely possibility.   One dimensional hitters who haven't really shown much progress in that area.

Organizational players don’t necessarily need to “earn” promotions. They just are there to fill a position.

Frederick is a pretty high level for guys in there first full pro season drafted where Welk was.

33 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Organizational players don’t necessarily need to “earn” promotions. They just are there to fill a position.

Frederick is a pretty high level for guys in there first full pro season drafted where Welk was.

Yep. Big jump for Welk. If they are conservative with Henderson and Hernaiz then Welk goes to Delmarva. Otherwise, I was thinking of the scenario where Hernaiz and Henderson go to Delmarva.  That would kind of push Welk to Frederick. 

Also, I don't view Curran or Encarnacion as organizational players. More like failed prospects.  They may get more chances but I think their time is running out, especially Curran.

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Right, both same age and same problem holding them back.  I never thought of JCE as a potential cut but he has hundreds of ABs not controlled or maximized.  It’s hard to think of someone so young as having peaked already but there are lots of factors that support both sides of that debate. And no numbers that say he’s a prospect with shine, maybe a handful of extra base hits at Rome.  It looks like someone will need to seize that 3B spot at one of the affiliates and straighten out the rest.  JCE at 22, Welk at 21, Gunnar at 18 seems almost like a good problem to have until you realize there’s a good chance that one will be at a level they may not be ready for starting soon.  Also, Josue Herrera has over 300 innings at 3rd, although he brings a .892 fielding percentage and 12 errors.  He’s only 22 and showed me some good bat control skills along with an .880 OPS batting cleanup.  Maybe, maybe not. Also please don’t hesitate to throw Trevor Putzig into the mix somewhere down there.  I liked his contact skills from the first BP I saw and I bet he opens the eyes of a decision maker.  He’s also 24 and has played in college and a pair of levels already so there’s that.