Moose Milligan

The Orioles spring training cap is terrible.

If you don’t like it don’t buy it.  It is a Spring training hat so I am not sure why this matters.  They could have a plain black hat  for all I care.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, byrdz said:

Oof, this has GOT to be a mistake!

It's as if they asked, 'How can we ruin the best two logos that exist on a baseball cap? Stack them on top of each other?'

I love it.  It makes me imagine some horrifying science experiment gone wrong.  Imagine a 20 foot tall cartoon Oriole Bird, 90% head and 10% thin, deformed limbs, rampaging through Baltimore, destroying buildings with his gigantic bat.  Get me John Waters on the phone and let's make a movie dammit.

51 minutes ago, atomic said:

If you don’t like it don’t buy it.  It is a Spring training hat so I am not sure why this matters.  They could have a plain black hat  for all I care.

You would cancel Christmas if you could.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

The one thing this cap has done is brought is universal consensus here at the Hangout for maybe the first time.  Everyone hates this cap!!

7 hours ago, Smilin' Joe Fission said:

All but a few of the teams' ST hats turned out really bad, but Baltimore's may be the worst of the bunch.

It's also available in black and white...can't tell which is worse.

https://www.mlbshop.com/baltimore-orioles/mens-baltimore-orioles-new-era-black/white-2020-batting-practice-59fifty-fitted-hat/t-69556362+p-145195567933+z-8-3112330579?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r4c0:po-12

Yep, that is even worse.

The beauty of the actual Baltimore Oriole is the radiance of its orange breast. It shines, almost like gold. Green , pink, baby blue, black-and-white logos, they all fail without the brilliant orange.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Wear it straight for a fastball, to the side for a breaking ball, backwards for changeup.

Can't we all just get a trashcan lid?

This hat has me concerned that Elias does not have full control. Our wonderboy GM would have never allowed this hat to be released to the public if he had full control.

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Sorry to steer you guys away from the constant debate and speculation on how we'll finish in last place this year and what players we'll be doing it with.  Wanted to bring this to your attention.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/orioles/new-era-spring-training-hats-get-poor-reviews-especially-orioles-cap

orioleshat_twitter_0.jpg?itok=_l7-jPJt

I hope none of you are buying this.

Two jokes for the price of one. 

1) Well, at least we finally know what Brady's been up to. 

2) How 'bout we Mr. Miyagi Chris Davis and make him restitch them all. Maybe it will improve his hand / eye coordination. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

This spring training trucker cap would be much better if they are going for a money grab from the fans. 

ff_3645485-82651fe4524fd3f5c543alt3_full

I'm not sure how well a trucker hat would sell in the flat brim era. Remember, most of us are on the tail end of the target demographic. 

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I'm not sure how well a trucker hat would sell in the flat brim era. Remember, most of us are on the tail end of the target demographic. 

Flat brims only work if you're a scrawny teenager.  If you're a middle aged white guy they look kinda silly.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Flat brims only work if you're a scrawny teenager.  If you're a middle aged white guy they look kinda silly.

I'm not endorsing it, I'm just saying that's the reality. I think they look stupid on everyone, especially when you leave the sticker on.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, atomic said:

It would be fun to have a MLB team run entirely by nihilists.

23 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Sorry to steer you guys away from the constant debate and speculation on how we'll finish in last place this year and what players we'll be doing it with.  Wanted to bring this to your attention.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/orioles/new-era-spring-training-hats-get-poor-reviews-especially-orioles-cap

orioleshat_twitter_0.jpg?itok=_l7-jPJt

I hope none of you are buying this.

This is just awful

• Downvote 1

19 hours ago, interloper said:

That's a different O's hat than what's pictured in the OP. 

Yeah that’s acceptable. That Reds hat is fire!!!

• Downvote 1