Sign in to follow this  
interloper

Some notable changes to the Orioles.com front office page

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/team/front-office

Those who know me know I am weirdly obsessed with this page. Since Elias was hired, it's been fascinating to track how it gets updated as people come and go and the structure of the organization takes shape.

It's seems to have undergone pretty significant reorganizing lately - here are some highlights:

Baseball Analytics

Vice President & Assistant General Manager, Analytics: Sig Mejdal

Manager, Baseball Systems: Di Zou

Analyst, Baseball Analytics: Ryan Hardin

Analyst, Baseball Analytics: James Martin III

Analyst, Baseball Analytics: Michael Weis

Full-Stack Developer: Peter Ash

Full-Stack Developer: James Daniels

I don't recall Sig with that long of a title when he was hired but I could be wrong. Di Zou's position at Elias' hiring was simply "Developer", I believe, and he was basically the only Analytics guy. It seems they really like him and he's received a nice fat promotion. Imagine being that guy, wallowing in the Orioles' non-existent Analytics department. He probably feels like a kid in a candy shop right now. 

Scouting

Senior Director, International Scouting: Koby Perez

Director, Pro Scouting: Mike Snyder

Supervisor, Domestic Scouting Operations: Brad Ciolek

Scouting Analyst: Hendrik Herz

Scouting Analyst: Chad Tatum

Scouting Analyst: Alex Tarandek

Scouting Analyst: Kevin Carter

Scouting Analyst: Ryan Carlson

Scouting Analyst Consultant: Luke Siler

Luke is officially in the front office, y'all. Crazy. Also of note here is just that Koby Perez essentially heads the whole department, which speaks to how highly they prioritize the international effort, and also that in order to hire a guy like Perez, they needed to give him a beefy title. Snyder and Ciolek seem to be the stateside duo, with Elias himself still heading up the draft. 

Communications

Director, Public Relations: Kristen Hudak

Senior Manager, Baseball Communications: Jim Misudek

Senior Coordinator, Public Relations & Publications: Kailey Adams

Senior Coordinator, Baseball Communications: Adam Esselman

Senior Coordinator, Player & Family Relations: Jackie Harig

Public Relations Assistant: Liam Davis

Kristen Hudak, I'm not sure if she was an internal promotion or external hire, but she's one to watch. Good Twitter follow, she documented/shared a lot of good Caravan tidbits.

Also of note, Greg Bader is listed in no less than 3 areas: Senior Leadership Team, Executive Business Administration, and Administration & Experience. He's been with the club for a very long time now and is now Senior Vice President, Administration & Experience.

No sign of Brady, in case anyone was worried he'd cropped back up. 

• Upvote 3

I wouldn’t assume that because Koby Perez has a Senior Director title, that means he runs the whole scouting department.   If he did, I’d expect his title wouldn’t refer only to International Scouting.   But it probably does indicate that he’s the highest paid guy in the department.     

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I wouldn’t assume that because Koby Perez has a Senior Director title, that means he runs the whole scouting department.   If he did, I’d expect his title wouldn’t refer only to International Scouting.   But it probably does indicate that he’s the highest paid guy in the department.     

If this is true, that means Elias remains the de facto Scouting Director which isn't all that surprising. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, correct. I guess "heads the whole department" was a poor choice of words. He's just the most senior member. 

Klimek has also moved up fast, Started as an intern. 

• Coordinator, Major League Scouting

Nov 2019 – Present4 months

Baltimore, Maryland

• Assistant, Video/Advance Scouting

Mar 2018  Oct 20191 year 8 months

Baltimore, Maryland

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryan-klimek

What also changed but was last year, that they list the whole Orioles Limited Partnership Group now. Before last year only listed Angelos and sons with titles,.Now no titles.

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/team/front-office

On 2/10/2020 at 1:37 PM, Frobby said:

True. And Sig always had that title. 

• Upvote 1