Sign in to follow this  
interloper

O's claim Ramon Urias

Urias is literally the only shortstop that was left in alternate camp. Makes you wonder about Iglesias' health.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Valaika has been better than I expected.  

Yeah, I was a bit surprised he was outrighted.   

26 minutes ago, wildcard said:

What? When?

Not currently.  This is a resurrected old thread without a title change.   Last time Valaika was DFA'd was February to my knowledge.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Not currently. This is a resurrected old thread without a title change. The last time that Valaika was DFA'd was in February, to my knowledge.

o

I owe you a greenie. ) :)

o

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Urias is literally the only shortstop that was left in alternate camp. Makes you wonder about Iglesias' health.

Hi Tony or @weams can we remove the part about Valaka being released? I thought this was current due to the fat that someone keeps bringing back these old dead threads.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, I was a bit surprised he was outrighted.   

Wasn't that from earlier in the year?

4 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Hi Tony or @weams can we remove the part about Valaka being released? I thought this was current due to the fat that someone keeps bringing back these old dead threads.

I'm not a fan of these bumps of old threads either, but some people seem to like to to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm not a fan of these bumps of old threads either, but some people seem to like to to it.

Thanks ... In that case it appeared that we released a player currently on the roster.

11 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

How many dogs has Alex Cobb saved at this point anyway???

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• o     lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll     o
    • o   Jorge Lopez is aiming for his 3rd consecutive Quality start ...... since August 25th, Lopez has tallied a 3.81 ERA and a 1.235 WHIP over 28.33 Innings Pitched.   Taijuan Walker has strangely flip-flopped his ERA nd WHIP numbers after being acquired in a trade with the Mariners ...... with the Mariners, he tallied a modest 4.00 ERA with an exceptional 1.074 WHIP. With the Blue Jays, Lopez has tallied an exceptional 1.54 ERA with a rather high 1.414 WHIP.  Walker's BB-rate with the Mariners was 2.667 per 9 innings, while his BB-rate with the Blue Jays is 4.243.     BALTIMORE O RIOLES Austin Charles Brian "C.B." Hays - LF Jose Antonio Iglesias Aleman - DH Demetrius Jerome "D.J." Stewart - RF Ryan Mountcastle - 1B Rio Ruiz - 3B Hanser Joel Alberto Pena - 2B Chance Thomas Leo Sisco - C Ramon Urias - SS Boyce Cedric "B.C." Mullins II - CF  Jorge Yabiel Lopez Ramos - RHP )) (2-1, 4.71 ERA)   TORONTO BLUE JAYS  Jonathan Rafael Villar Roque - 2B Bo Joseph "B.J." Bichette - SS Teoscar Hernandez - RF Randal Grichuk - CF Vladimir Guerrero Ramos, Jr. -DH Travis Shaw - 1B Jonathan Davis - LF Joseph Panik - 3B Daniel Jansen - C Taijuan Emmanuel Walker - RHP )) (4-3, 2.86 ERA) ) *   * )) (2-2, 4.00 ERA) OOO [SEATTLE MARINERS] OOOOO  (2-1, 1.54 ERA) OOO [TORONTO BLUE JAYS]   https://www.mlb.com/starting-lineups   o
    • Last series of the season, the homestretch, Lopez versus who cares? Go Os! Savor every hit and run, savor even the errors and the gaffes, because after Sunday, the sun sets until Pitchers & Catchers report...if they do. edit: and if you DO care, it’s Taiwan Walker flinging for the Jays.
    • Hays should be on the IL by then.
    • Eddie Gamboa did make the majors with the Rays in 2016 and Baseball Reference has him wearing an O's hat.  Does that count?
    • My guess: If they trade Cobb at the deadline they will already have paid 2/3s of his salary.   If Elias can dump half of Cobb's salary for a Dominican player that will probably never make the majors......he is gone. I don't know Elias plans for Diaz but if he think he will be promoted by some time in May he will need to find at bats for him.   Nunez  staying on a 30 homer pace means he could make 2 or 3 million in arbitration.   I don't see Elias paying that when he can replace him with a current O's prospect make less than 600K.   Alberto will be a one and a half years from FA in July.  So if someone makes an offer that gets Elias a good return Alberto  is gone.  Valaika is almost the same player.   Hit lefties but not righties.  Plays a decent 2B with some versatility.  And Valaika will be cheaper by a million or two. Davis probably stays on the 26 man roster so they can see if there is a work stoppage in the next two years that saves the O's part of his salary.   So the bench is Davis, a catcher, an outfielder and an infielder that can play SS well enough to backup Iglesias.   With Martin at AAA to start the season Elias has to go find that player. 
  • Popular Contributors