Jump to content
robin147

O's Sign LHP Tommy Milone

Recommended Posts

Another 100+ innings taken from the 2019 Mariners - whatever shall they do?  This year's BP Annual has LeBlanc and Milone fall on the same page.

LeBlanc comparables - C. Richard, J. Francis and MILONE

Milone comparables - W. Miley, LEBLANC and J. Vargas

Are we sure they aren't the same person?

Milone is 2 years younger, and BABIP smiled on him over LeBlanc to the tune of .252 vs. 308 last year, thus Milone's 1.12 WHIP looked a lot nicer than LeBlanc's 1.45.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The WHIP is nice, but if he makes the O's rotation, he might set a record for giving up homers.  He got crushed with homers playing for Seattle.  And 33.  Oh well, just a non-roster signing, so I'm not going to get upset about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37 pitchers in camp now.   Going to be difficult to get all these guys innings in preseason games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SteveA said:

37 pitchers in camp now.   Going to be difficult to get all these guys innings in preseason games.

good thing they have multiple games and different ways to make it happen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. He’s not very good, he’s never been very good, but that’s not a reason not to sign him especially if it’s only a minor league contract. My question is Whether his left-handedness gives him an advantage over a little bit better right hander?

Or do we think there’s something there that we can fix?Or do we think there’s something there that we can fix?

Edited by Philip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Philip said:

Ok. He’s not very good, he’s never been very good, but that’s not a reason not to sign him especially if it’s only a minor league contract. My question is Whether his left-handedness gives him an advantage over a little bit better right hander?

Or do we think there’s something there that we can fix?Or do we think there’s something there that we can fix?

Can't fix age.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ruzious said:

The WHIP is nice, but if he makes the O's rotation, he might set a record for giving up homers.  He got crushed with homers playing for Seattle.  And 33.  Oh well, just a non-roster signing, so I'm not going to get upset about it. 

He doesn't walk many...

Innings fodder. Works for me. Almost a carbon copy of LeBlanc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...