robin147

O's Sign LHP Tommy Milone

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Eh, meh.  Another body to be thrown to the wolves this year.  It is what it is.

We know you only get excited for 17 year old Dominicans.

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Better swing than Davis. 

😛 I had a better (golf) swing than Davis does baseball now.

59 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Tommy Milone is Mark Hendrickson.  A lefty who keeps a job in the bigs for years. 

Can Tommy Milone do this?

(2:30)

• Upvote 1

Neither LeBlanc nor Milone do anything for me.  They both seem to be junk ball pitchers that gave up a lot of homers in a pretty large park in Seattle.   They does not seem like a good fit for Camden Yard or the AL East.

The O's have three starters in Means, Cobb and Wojo.   Bailey may be a decent opener but he is trying to make the jump from AA.   Who knows how that goes.  The O's need to be 6 or 7 starters  deep and they are now about 3 1/2 deep.   Mike knows this I am sure.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Neither LeBlanc nor Milone do anything for me.  They both seem to be junk ball pitchers that gave up a lot of homers in a pretty large park in Seattle.   It does not seem like a good fit for Camden Yard or the AL East.

The O's have three starters in Means, Cobb and Wojo.   Bailey may be a decent opener but he is trying to make the jump from AA.   Who knows how that goes.  The O's need to be 6 or 7 deep and they are now about 3 1/2 deep.   Mike knows this I am sure.

I care more about who’s in our rotation in August and September than who’s in it in March and April.    I hope some younger guys earn the right to replace the placeholders.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I care more about who’s in our rotation in August and September than who’s in it in March and April.    I hope some younger guys earn the right to replace the placeholders.  

There are placeholders and then there are placeholders.   Cobb and Wojo are placeholders.   LeBlanc and Milone look like fire starters.  5 or 6 runs in 3 innings kind of guys.

Yes, we are all interested in the prospects. But they have to perform well with the major league ball at AAA for a while before they get the call.    Akin's 4.73 ERA at AAA should not earn a promote.   He needs to put all his pitches together and show he can pitch at that level before he comes up.   My favorite for July is Lowther.  Hope he figures it out.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

There are placeholders and then there are placeholders.   Cobb and Wojo are placeholders.   LeBlanc and Milone look like fire starters.  5 or 6 runs in 3 innings kind of guys.

Yes, we are all interested in the prospects. But they have to perform well with the major league ball at AAA for a while before they get the call.    Akin's 4.73 ERA at AAA should not earn a promote.   He needs to put all his pitches together and show he can pitch at that level before he comes up.   My favorite for July is Lowther.  Hope he figures it out.

I agree that our minor leaguers need to earn their way up.    

Leblanc and Millone aren’t meant to move the needle. They’re here to cover innings.  They’re here to be sparring partners and take beatings. Plain and simple. Why spend any money to fill that role?  

Is Millone’s profile really that much different than what Gallardo’s was while he was here?  Instead we gave Gallardo 2/16.  

The prospects are getting a full year of AAA. We’re in no hurry to add them to the 40 man and start their service time clocks.  Heck, Akin might get another half season in AAA. 

This is how we avoid situations like David Hess and Mike Wright. We’re going to identify what our prospects need to fix before they come to the MLB. Like Akin. Then we’ll know what we have. 

Edited by sportsfan8703
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

I'm curious.  Between LeBlanc and Milone:

Who will throw more innings this season for the O's?

Who will have a lower ERA?

I’m guessing only one of them will be in the organization by the end of spring training.