Jump to content
weams

SPStreamer- Renato Nunez

Recommended Posts


“The batted ball profile is what gets you excited about Renato Nunez. Increasing both line drives(21.1%) and fly balls(46.3%). While decreasing the number of ground balls(32.6%). His swing generates a massive launch angle. Nunez should keep this profile as he can generate an abundance of power while hitting a ton of flyballs. “

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weams said:


“The batted ball profile is what gets you excited about Renato Nunez. Increasing both line drives(21.1%) and fly balls(46.3%). While decreasing the number of ground balls(32.6%). His swing generates a massive launch angle. Nunez should keep this profile as he can generate an abundance of power while hitting a ton of flyballs. “

I've always thought Nunez is undervalued by some on here. He may not be a super star, but he's a solid DH and if he can not kill the team at 3B, I'd play him over Ruiz at 3B.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well, that's positive.  Nunez is a fun player to watch. 

On defense, too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

He's a rollercoaster, for sure.

Potential 2-way player?  He's got a cannon albeit with command issues.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I've always thought Nunez is undervalued by some on here. He may not be a super star, but he's a solid DH and if he can not kill the team at 3B, I'd play him over Ruiz at 3B.

There were years during the dark ages when we might have killed for a young DH like Nunez. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think our best alignment has Mancini at 1st Base and Nunez at DH.  Unfortunately, there's that one issue that gets in the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He produces the loudest, most solid sound of bat hitting ball on the whole team. It's such a pleasure to hear and then to see the ball land deep in the stands. I think he had good clutch stats last year too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I think our best alignment has Mancini at 1st Base and Nunez at DH.  Unfortunately, there's that one issue that gets in the way.

Let's hope either that issue is magically cleared up this spring or Hyde just sits him on the bench until he quits. Basically just play with the 25 man roster they've always had. When Mountcastle comes up, there is certainly going to be no room for Davis on the roster any longer.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, interloper said:

There were years during the dark ages when we might have killed for a young DH like Nunez. 

Were?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Let's hope either that issue is magically cleared up this spring or Hyde just sits him on the bench until he quits. Basically just play with the 25 man roster they've always had. When Mountcastle comes up, there is certainly going to be no room for Davis on the roster any longer.

Let's hope! But I actually think it might be possible to carry Davis through this year. Just as kind of a thought exercise:

LF - Mountcastle
CF - Hays
RF - Santander
1B - Mancini
2B - Alberto
SS - Iglesias
3B - Ruiz
C  -  Severino
DH - Nunez
Bench IF - Martin/Urias/whoever
Bench OF - Williams/Mullins/whoever
Bench C - Sisco
Bench IF - Davis

5 SP
7 RP

That's 25, so there's room for another bench IF (Urena, Herrera, etc) or OF (Stewart, Smith?) with the 26-man roster. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Let's hope! But I actually think it might be possible to carry Davis through this year. Just as kind of a thought exercise:

LF - Mountcastle
CF - Hays
RF - Santander
1B - Mancini
2B - Alberto
SS - Iglesias
3B - Ruiz
C  -  Severino
DH - Nunez
Bench IF - Martin/Urias/whoever
Bench OF - Williams/Mullins/whoever
Bench C - Sisco
Bench IF - Davis

5 SP
7 RP

That's 25, so there's room for another bench IF (Urena, Herrera, etc) or OF (Stewart, Smith?) with the 26-man roster. 

Let me fix my post.

I hope there is no room for Davis! 

There! :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 71 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...