Frobby

John Means 2020

o

(vs. YANKEES, 7/30)

Means ceded 3 Free Passes (2 Hit Batsmen and 1 Walk) in the very 1st inning, in which he spotted the Yankees 5 runs.

He pitched 1.33 additional shutout innings before giving way to Travis Clay "T.C." Lakins.

o

Article by Joe Trezza talking about his new found velocity. Exceeded his previous career high velocity 15 times yesterday.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

I thought the stuff (even besides the velocity) looked pretty good. If that is his new norm velocity, then once he gets his command and feel back, he could be a real nice rotation piece on the next contending O's team.

46 minutes ago, canonfaz said:

I thought the stuff (even besides the velocity) looked pretty good. If that is his new norm velocity, then once he gets his command and feel back, he could be a real nice rotation piece on the next contending O's team.

Or at the very least he's a really intriguing add for a team looking for pitching (and willing to part with high-end prospects)

Not worried about Means at all. Rusty and amped up and has some new mechanics going on. If I have any concern it's just whether or not he will still have that magical changeup. I expect his next outing to be good. 

With all the high tech equipment and expertise Elias brought into the organization Means finds 3+ MPH throwing into a mattress during quarantine?

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

With all the high tech equipment and expertise Elias brought into the organization Means finds 3+ MPH throwing into a mattress during quarantine?

He could have been practicing changes recommended by the staff based on the results from the high tech approach.

2 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

He could have been practicing changes recommended by the staff based on the results from the high tech approach.

I would think he would have mentioned it but maybe not.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I would think he would have mentioned it but maybe not.

Just thinking that if he was practicing a change that he made to his delivery, the idea to make the change had to come from somewhere.  Did he come up with it himself or was it a coaching suggestion?  You're right in that he doesn't really say.

On 7/31/2020 at 11:49 AM, Can_of_corn said:

Are you implying he had help?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Nope.

I was implying that he didn't get help.

I don’t buy it. He’s juicing.