Sign in to follow this  
Eric-OH

Manfred Likes The O’s Future

I have less than zero interest in anything Manfred says. It is useless to hate someone, especially when you don’t even know them, Because hate involves a lot of wasted energy And doesn’t affect the hated person at all.

I just try and ignore him while all the while wishing that the team owners will realize what a disaster he is and get rid of him.

I'm going to believe that Manfred is sincere in what he says because I want to believe that.  It. makes me happier to believe that in a season that is shaping up to be more than a little forgettable on the field.  If that makes me naive so be it but it costs me nothing except possibly the derision of a few perfect strangers on the internet.

Rob is my new best friend.

1 hour ago, Il BuonO said:

Yeah, but does Manfred have a future as commish?

Does he not?  I don’t know how to evaluate that.  There have been things that have made me less than secure about the team’s future in Baltimore, mainly the past Las Vegas rumors.  So I like to see quotes like this.  Who knows what’s actually true?  

9 minutes ago, 24fps said:

I'm going to believe that Manfred is sincere in what he says because I want to believe that.  It. makes me happier to believe that in a season that is shaping up to be more than a little forgettable on the field.  If that makes me naive so be it but it costs me nothing except possibly the derision of a few perfect strangers on the internet.

Rob is my new best friend.

I feel the same way.  That’s full circle right there.  You’re not naive, just pressed down by the losing with no possibility for improvement.  To some degree, those days are already gone.  
Hours from now full squad workout number 1 for the 2020 season starts and they can start to move forward.  That’s my focus.

Rob prob likes you too because you’re not an Astros cheater or someone asking about them.

29 minutes ago, Philip said:

I have less than zero interest in anything Manfred says. It is useless to hate someone, especially when you don’t even know them, Because hate involves a lot of wasted energy And doesn’t affect the hated person at all.

I just try and ignore him while all the while wishing that the team owners will realize what a disaster he is and get rid of him.

Is he really that bad?  We have precedent for an awful commissioner of this sport in Selig and I don’t see Manfred like that.  

I think Selig was the worst of my life and set an unreachable low bar.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Eric-OH said:

Is he really that bad?  We have precedent for an awful commissioner of this sport in Selig and I don’t see Manfred like that.  

Yes he is really that bad. If you don’t think so, and this cheating fiasco isn’t enough, well then…

OMG! :( If Manfred thinks that, and he's been consistently 180o from any semblance of truth or logic or reason since he's been commish... we're screwed.

1 hour ago, Eric-OH said:

IMO, Manfred makes Clueless Bud look like a genius. At least Selig helped/engineered the game into a billionS dollar industry.

CluelessBud.jpg

1 hour ago, Eric-OH said:

I feel the same way.  That’s full circle right there.  You’re not naive, just pressed down by the losing with no possibility for improvement.  To some degree, those days are already gone.  
Hours from now full squad workout number 1 for the 2020 season starts and they can start to move forward.  That’s my focus.

Rob prob likes you too because you’re not an Astros cheater or someone asking about them.

Optimism is refreshing! It would be really fun to have a season where we ended up closer to .500 than last years record.

5 hours ago, Eric-OH said:

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2020/02/manfred-i-think-there-is-a-future-and-a-good-future-for-baseball-in-baltimore.html

Also if you thought that Elias had any attachment at all to the Astros, it’s finally fully public that neither he or Mejdal are attached.  News?

Did you listen to the whole press conference.  I wouldn’t be using Manfred opinions from that press conference if I were you.  I wonder if he will make it through the season as commissioner.

I can hear the fraudulence coming from his voice through the link sent. Like one of the above posters stated, I too don't care what comes out of Manfraud's mouth. And to @atomic he'll at least survive the season.

7 hours ago, Philip said:

Yes he is really that bad. If you don’t think so, and this cheating fiasco isn’t enough, well then…

I don’t have to have a problem with him, I just wanted to know why others do.  I’m not here to tell you or anyone else that their opinion is wrong.  This is baseball, we all feel differently-that’s more good that bad.  
I do feel that the punishment is weak and has little deterrent effect.  I don’t hate or want to banish the commissioner.  

12 minutes ago, Eric-OH said:

I don’t have to have a problem with him, I just wanted to know why others do.  I’m not here to tell you or anyone else that their opinion is wrong.  This is baseball, we all feel differently-that’s more good that bad.  
I do feel that the punishment is weak and has little deterrent effect.  I don’t hate or want to banish the commissioner.  

I think it is clear he works for the owners and any replacement would as well.  This is escalating to the point that I could see owners making a change to defuse the situation.

• Upvote 1