Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Loin

Davis is definitley jacked this year...

All this means is that Davis will now be able to break a bat across his abdomen instead of his quad when he strikes out looking in his fourth straight at-bat.  That is, assuming, he also worked on his lats. 

Just now, MongoBoy said:

All this means is that Davis will now be able to break a bat across his abdomen instead of his quad when he strikes out looking in his fourth straight at-bat.  That is, assuming, he also worked on his lats. 

Maybe Davis should go up there without a bat. That might confuse the pitchers. As he doesn’t hit the balls in over 51 percent of his at bats does he really need a bat?

10 minutes ago, MongoBoy said:

Or smash the bat into the ground if he gets hit by a pitch.

On 2/20/2020 at 12:51 PM, jarman86 said:

.25 a week is 1 pound of muscle a month for long term lifters, which I previously posted in here.

.5 is possibly doable on the max end for newb gains, which Davis is not.

He gained 5-6 pounds of muscle if we're being generous. I would guess he "supplemented" so bump that number up slightly.

https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a26239086/how-much-muscle-you-can-gain-month/

"In one study from the University of Central Missouri, experienced lifters gained an average of 2.18 to 2.33 pounds of muscle over the course of an eight-week training program—not as much as you might expect from a newbie just hitting the gym."

It’s called hyperbole. Obviously he didn’t add 25lbs of muscle. He added 25lbs and he looks pretty ripped. That is very possible to do in 25 weeks. 

Just for fun....what's our upside if Davis hits .250 with 45 homers?  No comments on likelihood please.  Offense could be pretty good.

Looks like Davis has his walking muscles warmed up already this spring. If he can keep his walk rate on par with his career I'll take a .250 avg in a heartbeat. Heck even .230 if he could get back into 30 dinger territory.

4 hours ago, connja said:

Just for fun....what's our upside if Davis hits .250 with 45 homers?  No comments on likelihood please.  Offense could be pretty good.

A positive drug screen test. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, connja said:

After talking with people it seems like Davis really has turned a corner. 

Not only did he alter what size bat he is using, he was able to generate more bat speed with the help of the O’s and the Blast Technology this winter. 

Time will tell it it leads to better results and exit velo...

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Just to add a few more data points to the discussion... Britton was nearly as good in 2014 as he was in 2016. Again he was used in different situations against KC, with mixed results... ACLS Game 1 away Britton pitches 9th of a 5-5 tie. O'Day enters to finish 9th and loses game in the 10th. Game 2 Away Tied 4-4 in the 8th, Miller faces two and O'Day one. O'Day gives up a single to start the ninth. Britton relieves and gives up two hits, allowing the two winning (losing) runs. Season totals: Britton 37 saves, 1.65 ERA. Miller 1.35 as an Oriole. O'Day 1.70. S**t happens. And as an Oriole fan, more times than is pleasant to remember. But hey, with time on our hands... Here's another from the archives: 1989, Sept. 29 in Toronto. O's need to win the next 2 games. Closer Gregg Olson (27 saves, 1.69) relieves Ballard in bottom of the 8th to protect a 1-0 lead, yields a steal, advance to third, and tying run on wild pitch. Olson stays in for the 9th and 10th. Williamson comes on in the 11th and loses the game. 1973 Bob Reynolds 9 Sv, 1.95, Grant Jackson 9 Sv, 1.90 ACLS game 3 in Oakland. Weaver leaves in Cuellar, despite yielding tying run in 8th, into the 11th when Campeneris homers to win it for the A's. Unused in the bullpen are Reynolds (1.95) and Jackson (1.90). But I guess Weaver was saving them for the next game, when the duo combined for 7.1 innings of 1-run relief in a 5-4 Orioles comeback win. (In between, though, with the score tied 4-4 in the 7th, Weaver risked Eddie Watt for two batters). (BTW I was at that game, and predicted the heroics by Etchebarren and Jackson, though I thought it would be Reggie, LOL).
    • I would just like to go to the store without worrying that everyone there is a potential person who will kill me.  
    • Kinda strange to say one of the least frequent posters on this board overvalues baseball. Did I suggest schools and restaurants are less important than baseball? No, that was your embellishment. We’re going to see tens of thousands of Americans die in the next two months. It’s going to be brutal. When we’re on the other side, the country will need to heal. Baseball has a part to play and in order to do that they need to make preparations. I don’t think it’s out of touch to care about and plan for what happens after the worst is behind us. I don’t expect that anyone is going to be particularly excited about playing games in empty stadiums. But it’s a first step. And it allows the game to be fully ready when medical advances allow the crowds to return. And that goes for the minor leagues too. On the other side of the surge the country will desperately need to get back to work. And that includes professional baseball. And eventually all the jobs it supports. And we’ll need the diversion. It’s a lousy plan, but I think better than the alternative, which is no plan. Just waiting, hoping, and losing time. I’m not surprised that people disagree. Particularly at this point in time. 
    • I’ve read most of the article, and it seems that there’s a desire to contract the minor league teams and remove the total number of players a team has in the system. The team likes it because it’s cheaper, and the players like it because older guys won’t be pressured by up-and-coming prospects, and can last an extra year or two in the majors. That implies overall quality will go down because there just won’t be as many prospects pushing for spots. I dislike all of this.
    • From what I read before they reached the accord they were talking about only giving undrafted guys a max of 10K.  That would pretty much force kids to college.
    • Presumably they would become non-drafted free agents and might be able to sign for more money than they would have gotten as a fifth round pick--unless MLB puts some restriction on how much teams can spend to sign non-drafted free agents.    Maybe there is a restriction on such spending already in place, but we never think about it because with 40 rounds it's not like there are many high-quality non-drafted players.   If there is no restriction then I would think that the teams with deep pockets could have a field day signing good prospects.  
  • Popular Contributors