Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ArtVanDelay

Maryland vs. Northwestern

Recommended Posts

37-25 at the half.  Maryland ends the half by putting on a passing clinic followed by a Stix jam.

Penn State lost, so if we win this we have a 1 game cushion.  We'll probably need it given the rest of our schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hallas said:

37-25 at the half.  Maryland ends the half by putting on a passing clinic followed by a Stix jam.

Penn State lost, so if we win this we have a 1 game cushion.  We'll probably need it given the rest of our schedule.

Big Ten basketball doesn't have tiebreakers, so we would actually have a two game cushion for a shared Big Ten title and a one game cushion for a non-shared title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently MD felt like they had this game won and came out flat in the second half. Not surprising really. This should be a blow out game but that's not a Turgeon run team staple now is it? 

They'll win this, but this has become a dogfight as just about everyone but Stix has decided to take an early breather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, besides about 10 minutes in the second half, they played really well tonight. Stix was absolutely a beast with 22 points and 19 rebounds tonight. 

Two game lead with Penn State's loss tonight, but a real tough last five games. Let's see what they got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

You know, besides about 10 minutes in the second half, they played really well tonight. Stix was absolutely a beast with 22 points and 19 rebounds tonight. 

Two game lead with Penn State's loss tonight, but a real tough last five games. Let's see what they got.

You know, as good as the Terps looked for most of the game, it's a bit unnerving that we played well for the most part yet couldn't put a 1-13 NW squad away.  Maybe it speaks to parity in the B1G, maybe NW had a really good game, but when we play decently well vs a bad team and it's not a laugher, it's no wonder why Maryland has about the most pessimistic fanbase of the top-10 teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hallas said:

You know, as good as the Terps looked for most of the game, it's a bit unnerving that we played well for the most part yet couldn't put a 1-13 NW squad away.  Maybe it speaks to parity in the B1G, maybe NW had a really good game, but when we play decently well vs a bad team and it's not a laugher, it's no wonder why Maryland has about the most pessimistic fanbase of the top-10 teams.

I do think teams play their A games against us, but special teams typically put a stomping on these kinds of teams. This is a weird team though, but until they win the Big-10 conference and make it to the elite 8, I'm going to be skeptical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took my nephew to his first ever MD game tonight.     The closeish game kept him in it the whole time.     That’s the only positive I have.   They definitely fell asleep at the wheel for a while.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, murph said:

Took my nephew to his first ever MD game tonight.     The closeish game kept him in it the whole time.     That’s the only positive I have.   They definitely fell asleep at the wheel for a while.    

The other bright side is that the Terps continually show the ability to "turn it back on" when they need to when things get close. It would be nice if this team could focus for all 40 minutes. Saying that, Northwest did play very well during that span which highlighted even more.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

The other bright side is that the Terps continually show the ability to "turn it back on" when they need to when things get close. It would be nice if this team could focus for all 40 minutes. Saying that, Northwest did play very well during that span which highlighted even more.

Some of this is a lack of quality depth.  Turgeon pulled Stix I think when we were up 14, and NW proceeded to go on like a 9-2 run in about 4 minutes before Stix went back in and said "no" to NW.

 

BTW it dawned on me that your nightmare scenario must be for the Terps to lose to PSU in the B1G championship, then lose to PSU again in the national semifinal or the title game. 😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 12:39 PM, Tony-OH said:

The other bright side is that the Terps continually show the ability to "turn it back on" when they need to when things get close. It would be nice if this team could focus for all 40 minutes. Saying that, Northwest did play very well during that span which highlighted even more.

I told my Son the other night it would be nice to see them play an entire game. That said, they are doing pretty good. We'll see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...