Sign in to follow this  
Eric-OH

2/19 Spring Training Notebook-Updated Throughout Day

This was an awesome report, even by your lofty standards.    It’s great having your perspective.    Lots of stuff here that the beat reporters don’t have the space or the inclination to cover.   

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Frobby said:

This was an awesome report, even by your lofty standards.    It’s great having your perspective.    Lots of stuff here that the beat reporters don’t have the space or the inclination to cover.   

Thanks, I’m here for you guys.  They have a different group of readers and they bust their ass to meet their objectives too.  It’s been fun re-meeting some of them and learning from them too.  And it’s only week 1!

• Upvote 2

Glad to see someone else on the Cody Carroll train. Prior to the injury, he was considered a ML-ready relief prospect who just needed to get reps. Then folks sort of forgot about him and it took what I consider to be a weirdly long time for the beat reporters to report on the extent of his injury last year, which turned out to be significant. 

If he's healthy, he should be better than most of the relievers we ran out there last year, including other young guys like Tate and Phillips. Setup guy upside, maybe? I'm certainly not expecting that without seeing if he still has a upper 90s arm, so we'll see.