eddie83

Broadcasting changes

23 hours ago, eddie83 said:

He has to be devastated.

He went from basically calling every game to this. 

Hunter's performance, or lack thereof, was responsible.  He should look in the mirror.  And for a guy who bizarrely blamed umpires for their faults over two decades, and also suggested poorly performing umpires should be sent to the minors, it is poetic justice that he has been benched as well.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dreadnought said:

Hunter's performance, or lack thereof, was responsible.  He should look in the mirror.  And for a guy who bizarrely blamed umpires for their faults over two decades, and also suggested poorly performing umpires should be sent to the minors, it is poetic justice that he has been benched as well.

I feel a bit sorry for him, but he’s had a 23-year run and given the long-time general opinion of his TV play by play, I’m glad the team is finally trying someone else.   

I feel bad for Hunter as a person getting such a demotion, but as a viewer/listener I’m really glad they made this change. His enthusiasm was admirable but often ill-advised, like the little kid sitting next to you that freaks out over a late solo home run in a lopsided blowout loss. I swear you could almost hear Palmer rolling his eyes sometimes when they shared the booth. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I feel a bit sorry for him, but he’s had a 23-year run and given the long-time general opinion of his TV play by play, I’m glad the team is finally trying someone else.   

He will get a job somewhere else after this year. He had announced college basketball also.He was told late about all the changes.

Hunter, who has been with the team since 1997 and last year served as the lead radio announcer and backup television broadcaster, is being moved to a new role with the broadcast. He declined to comment on the change.

6 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

I feel bad for Hunter as a person getting such a demotion, but as a viewer/listener I’m really glad they made this change. His enthusiasm was admirable but often ill-advised, like the little kid sitting next to you that freaks out over a late solo home run in a lopsided blowout loss. I swear you could almost hear Palmer rolling his eyes sometimes when they shared the booth. 

Joe Angel chiding Hunter over using such hyperbole as "three game hitting streak" was one of my favorite broadcast moments of recent Orioles history . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also you might see a little more positivity and more upbeat about the rebuild this year.Not Palmer and Thorne but the others promoting the spring camp and how well everyone  feels and how great the camp is this year with Hyde.Want this spin to get out to the average fan.

25 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

He will get a job somewhere else after this year. He had announced college basketball also.He was told late about all the changes.

Hunter, who has been with the team since 1997 and last year served as the lead radio announcer and backup television broadcaster, is being moved to a new role with the broadcast. He declined to comment on the change.

Seems organization has a history of doing this stuff last minute. They did it with Reghi years ago.  

16 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Also you might see a little more positivity and more upbeat about the rebuild this year.Not Palmer and Thorne but the others promoting the spring camp and how well everyone  feels and how great the camp is this year with Hyde.Want this spin to get out to the average fan.

We have the hardest working coaching staff. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Joe Angel chiding Hunter over using such hyperbole as "three game hitting streak" was one of my favorite broadcast moments of recent Orioles history . 

Hunter stopped saying it also after that.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Roy is the biggest Brooks fan their is.

He said with the caveat of still bleeding Orange and Black.  Palmer's with this team every year.  Brooks hasn't been.  And that's ok, it's not a slam on Brooks. But Palmer's ties to the organization as it stands currently and for the past 10-15 years is what Roy meant, IMO.

Didn’t say it was a slam. Thought it may have been an oversight. And I didn’t know you had to be with the team every day to bleed black and orange.

4 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Didn’t say it was a slam. Thought it may have been an oversight. And I didn’t know you had to be with the team every day to bleed black and orange.

Too much time away from the team and the orange shifts into ochre.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Too much time away from the team and the orange shifts into ochre.

I know people thought I had switched my allegiance cuz I’ve been away for a while. 

🤫

2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

I know people thought I had switched my allegiance cuz I’ve been away for a while. 

🤫

You were gone?

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You were gone?

Hey, I just realized.... Are you trying to say you didn’t notice I hadn’t been posting as much because no one cares?

Well, that’s just hurtful.