Sign in to follow this  
eddie83

Sections of seats being closed off??

I stumbled upon this, someone on twitter posted. 

Sure enough when you look into tickets those sections for most games are blocked off. Also see it for sections 68, 70 and some other spots. I know sometimes in past I have seen drink rail and other spots not be available early on but not this. Curious as to what is going on.  

8 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I stumbled upon this, someone on twitter posted. 

Sure enough when you look into tickets those sections for most games are blocked off. Also see it for sections 68, 70 and some other spots. I know sometimes in past I have seen drink rail and other spots not be available early on but not this. Curious as to what is going on.  

Well that means dugout club tickets just got better. 

Sounds like they are trying to funnel people towards the center during this low-attendance time period. Makes sense to me. There will be plenty of discounts during the year, I don't read much into it. Still one of the cheapest tickets in the game. 

1. Win

2. People will come

That's it. 

11 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

You know what you may have just hit on something. Maybe those areas aren’t for sale because of the new Kids Cheer plus program. It’s different now. 

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/tickets/cheer-free-plus

Oh this new deal is pretty good.  Now If I could just convince my daughter going to a baseball game is fun. 

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Oh this new deal is pretty good.  Now If I could just convince my daughter going to a baseball game is fun. 

It is a great deal. Plus you get 4 free lower level tickets. 

I am just wondering if those sections are being left unsold for the purpose of the kids cheer plus program. I believe last year it was only certain sections available.  

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

It is a great deal. Plus you get 4 free lower level tickets. 

I am just wondering if those sections are being left unsold for the purpose of the kids cheer plus program. I believe last year it was only certain sections available.  

Even the Cubs and Red Sox and Yankees games those sections are unavailable.Less sections if it is a weekend against a popular opponent.Weird that the Yankee Cal Ripken bobblehead  game has the most unavailable.

6 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Even the Cubs and Red Sox and Yankees games those sections are unavailable.Less sections if it is a weekend against a popular opponent.Weird that the Yankee Cal Ripken bobblehead  game has the most unavailable.

Use your sources and get to the bottom of this!!

24 minutes ago, Hazmat said:

Did the O's hire Dan Snyder as a ticket sales consultant?  Party decks coming soon!

I would bet when the start doing work on the stadium when the lease is up something like that happens. 

Strictly an economic/efficiency ploy. Won't have to staff those areas during games, or clean up after the game. Also forces fans to sit in higher concentrations in the open sections which could look better on camera -- if you care about vanity.

• Upvote 2

They may be holding some of thoe out for groups or to offer as some sort of multigame package deal.   It's possible the block on those seats is only temporary.

Not sure what they are doing yet. Heard some rumors but nothing definite. Kids Free has about 200 tickets you can buy now per game. Some have less like the first Yankee game about 100 or so. Not only Upper Deck is blocked off. One section behind home plate and one bleacher section for each game and a few other sections. Also as mentioned section 68 and 70. 

My seats that I have had for the last 20 years were demolished this year by the O’s. What they have done in the lower bowl is eliminated the last three rows in most if not all section that has handicap seats.  This was done to build platforms to mount handicap seats that will be more view friendly.  Every time some would stand their view would be blocked.  A thoughtful thing to do. They could have communicate this to seat owners a little better then they did, but it all washed out eventually.

I also believe they may be fazing out Ticket Reps at least for Orange memberships, (13 game plans).   Orange memberships no longer get paper tickets , unless you pay an up fee and everything is being handled through the ballpark app.  All cost saving measures, but when you’re losing I would think you want more interaction with your fan base.

I guess we will see as the season gets closer