Sign in to follow this  
Eric-OH

2/21 Spring Training Notebook-Updated Throughout The Day

Last night I watched a little bit of the Chandler start from the final game of 2019 to refresh myself on what exactly he's working with. Pretty nice 93-94 mph fastball that he'll move all over the place. Didn't have the best command of it, but it didn't look as hittable as I expected. Some decent offspeed stuff, too, but was kind of missing with it. If he locks in a little bit, he looks like he could be another Asher type guy. 

49 minutes ago, canonfaz said:

@Eric-OH Loving all the info. Thank you!

Do you plan on going to the minor league facility next week sometime to see what is going on there? 

I’d be very interested to hear Eric’s impressions of guys he saw in the GCL in previous years who have now climbed their way up the ladder a ways, like Hall, Rodriguez and Rom.    To see what changes he’s noticed in the last year or two with them.   

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Looks like the weather will be really nice this weekend when the games start.    Can’t wait!

Today was very cold and windy for Florida standards. Outlook for this weekend is much better.  

3 hours ago, canonfaz said:

@Eric-OH Loving all the info. Thank you!

Do you plan on going to the minor league facility next week sometime to see what is going on there? 

You’re welcome.  I’m here for you!  Good timing with that request as it’s in the works for tomorrow.  Northport is too far and the O’s Minors complex is my priority.  I’ll check it out and share what I find.  Minor league camp starts 3/4-I’m pumped!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’d be very interested to hear Eric’s impressions of guys he saw in the GCL in previous years who have now climbed their way up the ladder a ways, like Hall, Rodriguez and Rom.    To see what changes he’s noticed in the last year or two with them.   

I have not been following those players in person since GCL and this past season is my first truly memorizing and analyzing their players.  We’ll have to wait to see them climb the ladder.  There will be lots of news to report from this 2019 class as they do-a huge reason why I was eager to take on this responsibility.

@Eric-OH Digging the updates. Concerning a little about Cobb. Hyde mentioned they are paying close attention to him to make sure he breaks camp healthy, which I also read as a bit concerning. We'll just have to see. Also - an unsolicited but friendly tip for your twitter.. make sure you leave spaces in between each hashtag so they activate :)

24 minutes ago, interloper said:

@Eric-OH Digging the updates. Concerning a little about Cobb. Hyde mentioned they are paying close attention to him to make sure he breaks camp healthy, which I also read as a bit concerning. We'll just have to see. Also - an unsolicited but friendly tip for your twitter.. make sure you leave spaces in between each hashtag so they activate :)

Thanks, social media isn’t really my thing so you can certainly advise me without guilt. I’m also concerned about Cobb’s health.  The stuff wasn’t sizzling either.  I’m not a doctor so I can’t say for sure, but I’m looking for availability, flexibility, work amount and/or good body language and with Alex I have seen little.  
On the positive side, Cody Carroll has been going through all conditioning and has had an opportunity to bend each day.  Today was quick feet in and out of a ladder on the ground forward/backward and sideways and he was actually smiling.  
It’s possible (Probable?) that Cobb’s value is in what he can bring back, but the way it’s looking is less than great today. 
Hyde said today that Cobb still could be the Opening Day starter however so take that as you will.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

I didn't realize Bannon was that short. He's smaller than Brian Roberts. Interesting. 

Brian Roberts was listed in lifts...