Sign in to follow this  
Roll Tide

Ravens extend Martindale

Good for him.  Things looked real bad early on in 2019 but improved for sure when we turned over a lot of personnel.

I'm not unhappy with this news, but I would prefer a headline saying we are making Greg Roman the highest paid OC for many years.

On 2/24/2020 at 9:03 AM, Aglets said:

Good for him.  Things looked real bad early on in 2019 but improved for sure when we turned over a lot of personnel.

I'm not unhappy with this news, but I would prefer a headline saying we are making Greg Roman the highest paid OC for many years.

I read an article saying he was also extended

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/late-for-work-2-24-commitments-to-wink-martindale-and-greg-roman-a-big-deal

7 hours ago, Aglets said:

I see that as well but weird that there aren't any details on the extension yet for the public.

Apparently Colorado University has an interest. So maybe that’s why

On 2/24/2020 at 9:03 AM, Aglets said:

But why? He's showed you two years in a row that he has no in-game adjustments whatsoever. Has Red Thor (Hayden Hurst) who can catch and runs pretty fast, yet doesn't find a way to get him involved in the gameplan. That's the last Ravens coach I'd want to get an multiple year extension unless he vastly improves his gameplans. Sure it looks crazy that I'm saying this amist an historic offensive season, but let's not forget it completely crumbles under adversity. Showed up pretty well in our two losses. (And playoff game of 2018 when he was "Run coordinator"). With that said though, I'm ecstatic about the Wink extension. Well deserved with make-shift pass rushers and linebackers. Wasn't looking too good with Jefferson back there and Chuck came in and helped save the season.

8 hours ago, $Greatness$ said:

But why? He's showed you two years in a row that he has no in-game adjustments whatsoever. Has Red Thor (Hayden Hurst) who can catch and runs pretty fast, yet doesn't find a way to get him involved in the gameplan. That's the last Ravens coach I'd want to get an multiple year extension unless he vastly improves his gameplans. Sure it looks crazy that I'm saying this amist an historic offensive season, but let's not forget it completely crumbles under adversity. Showed up pretty well in our two losses. (And playoff game of 2018 when he was "Run coordinator"). With that said though, I'm ecstatic about the Wink extension. Well deserved with make-shift pass rushers and linebackers. Wasn't looking too good with Jefferson back there and Chuck came in and helped save the season.

He transformed the Ravens offense in one off-season from mediocre to the best one ever seen in franchise history.   He turned it into an offense that scored more points than ANY OTHER NFL TEAM.

That's all.

You can't hyper focus in on the one playoff loss while simultaneously ignoring the 12 games we won in a row (against some pretty decent teams).

12 hours ago, Aglets said:

He transformed the Ravens offense in one off-season from mediocre to the best one ever seen in franchise history.   He turned it into an offense that scored more points than ANY OTHER NFL TEAM.

That's all.

You can't hyper focus in on the one playoff loss while simultaneously ignoring the 12 games we won in a row (against some pretty decent teams).

That's my point, it wasn't just the playoff loss. It was other games as I stated in the post. Guess we'll see what he's really made of since I'm sure we'll come back down to earth this year. But I'm all for another historical run, but I wouldn't bet on it. Greg Roman for me leaves a lot to be desired as I believe 90% of his success was because Lamar is an out of this world player.

I find it a bit...….....curious that you seem more willing to blame Greg Roman for the woes of the offense for the 2 losses in our 14-2 season than you are willing to give him credit for the UNPRECEDENTED success of our offense in the 14 wins.   The list of coaches who win 16 games per season is rather short.   But I dunno if we are just talking around each other now.

I am not saying he is perfect.  I certainly think he abandoned the run too quickly in the Titans game.  Hopefully he and Harbaugh both learned some things there.  And Lamar too.