Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Eric-OH

Spring Training Notebook 2/23-Updated Throughout Day

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, bobmc said:

Keep bringing it @Eric-OH!  Love reading your exuberance and feeling your energy drip off the page!  Let us know how CD looks!  I just saw a brief highlight reel from yesterday and Sisco's tag at home was pretty pretty pretty good in a losing cause but baby steps!  I also read that the Braves used their top prospect C, who was drafted last summer as was Adley.  He was supposed to have a gun and caught four innings.  Anyway, look forward to your comments on today's game!

Thanks very much.  I’m glad to.  I didn’t make it to the Braves game as I don’t do the road games so we’re sorry about that.  The positive is that I use those days, like tomorrow to visit the minor league complex and let you guys know what I see and learn there.  I didn’t see that prospect Langaliers behind the plate, but I think his hit was Carroll’s one that he gave up in Cody’s otherwise clean IP.  
 

As far as Davis, my notes from the AB in the first inning was a little bit of patience as he sat on two down and in pitches consecutively before walking.  And then I guess it was a pleasant surprise to see a little opp field single dropped in too.  But at the workouts and practice sessions where I’m watching him play defense he looks solid with the glove and not slower because of the additional weight.  Turning and throwing with accuracy is in no way an issue.  Getting to balls and hops is in no way an issue.  
I didn’t see the Sisco tag that you were taking about.  Was he showing good D too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Eric-OH said:

Thanks very much.  I’m glad to.  I didn’t make it to the Braves game as I don’t do the road games so we’re sorry about that.  The positive is that I use those days, like tomorrow to visit the minor league complex and let you guys know what I see and learn there.  I didn’t see that prospect Langaliers behind the plate, but I think his hit was Carroll’s one that he gave up in Cody’s otherwise clean IP.  
 

As far as Davis, my notes from the AB in the first inning was a little bit of patience as he sat on two down and in pitches consecutively before walking.  And then I guess it was a pleasant surprise to see a little opp field single dropped in too.  But at the workouts and practice sessions where I’m watching him play defense he looks solid with the glove and not slower because of the additional weight.  Turning and throwing with accuracy is in no way an issue.  Getting to balls and hops is in no way an issue.  
I didn’t see the Sisco tag that you were taking about.  Was he showing good D too?

I watched most of today's game and was pleasantly surprised to see a more confident Davis earn the two BB's and the oppo single.  His D looked good but he did lumber around third to home and scored easily.

On Sisco, he looked good behind the plate from the few innings I saw.  He has filled out more since last year.

From Mike Williams:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, bobmc said:

I watched most of today's game and was pleasantly surprised to see a more confident Davis earn the two BB's and the oppo single.  His D looked good but he did lumber around third to home and scored easily.

On Sisco, he looked good behind the plate from the few innings I saw.  He has filled out more since last year.

From Mike Williams:

 

Ok, so we see some similar things with CD. Thats reassuring.  There’s still weeks worth of play to analyze so let’s have at that.  Good to know that Sisco is improving an area of deficiency.  I think Holaday’s tater probably sends a louder and more direct message.  In a GCL game with no fans in an empty stadium it would have made a great bang off that tower!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Eric-OH said:

As far as Davis, my notes from the AB in the first inning was a little bit of patience as he sat on two down and in pitches consecutively before walking.  And then I guess it was a pleasant surprise to see a little opp field single dropped in too.  But at the workouts and practice sessions where I’m watching him play defense he looks solid with the glove and not slower because of the additional weight.  Turning and throwing with accuracy is in no way an issue.  Getting to balls and hops is in no way an issue.  

The play he made with Bailey on the mound, runner on 3B and nobody out was excellent.    He fielded a grounder almost midway between 1st and 2nd, froze the runner, and hit Bailey in stride as he was running to cover 1B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frobby said:

The play he made with Bailey on the mound, runner on 3B and nobody out was excellent.    He fielded a grounder almost midway between 1st and 2nd, froze the runner, and hit Bailey in stride as he was running to cover 1B.

At each opportunity in to gather evidence, I’m seeing good defensive ability and execution.  I don’t think that defense is elite but not something that works against him at all.  Throwing, catching, positioning and footwork is very clean from the instances I saw.  
We know he can field his spot and I’m glad we’re watching with a close eye.  Let’s see him dictate some more plate appearances and end up on base or continuing rallies at the plate.  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...