Sign in to follow this  
ArtVanDelay

Maryland at Minnesota

Pretty much an embarrassment of a performance, but not unexpected. Watch the Terps won't win the Big-10 tourney and will be out before the Sweet 16 once again. 

It is what it is and it is what it will always be as long as Turgeon is coach. Same story, Poor on the road, long stretches of having no idea what they are doing, no depth and players that lose their cool because they can't control their emotions. This is just a Turgeon team that caught a few programs like Michigan State in a down year. 

Just now, ArtVanDelay said:

Cowan getting tackled on every possession yet can’t get a call.  You can’t blame him for the technicals.

How in the world did he do anything with his butt on the floor, 5 feet away from every other player?

Cowan getting tackled on every possession yet can’t get a call.  You can’t blame him for the technicals.

At some point he has to realize everytime there is a little contact on a drive it's not going to be a foul. For a senior, he sure hasn't acted like a senior of late.

Just now, murph said:

How in the world did he do anything with his butt on the floor, 5 feet away from every other player?

After seeing the replay, he wasn’t fouled there.  He’s been on the floor a lot tonight, though.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

At some point he has to realize everytime there is a little contact on a drive it's not going to be a foul. For a senior, he sure hasn't acted like a senior of late.

After seeing the replay, he wasn’t fouled there.  He’s been on the floor a lot tonight, though.

I guess I missed something, but that was it, he was yelling for a foul to be called at the refs?

He's always on the floor which is why he's no longer getting fouls, even on questionable plays. He's need to man up, act like a senior, get up and run back down court and let Turgeon battle with the refs. I get the feeling that although he can hit some really big shots late in games, he's a bit of an adversity mental midget.

Just now, murph said:

I guess I missed something, but that was it, he was yelling for a foul to be called at the refs?

That's what it looked like to me on the replay.

• Thanks 1

I don't why I keep having to tell you guys, but this is a second half team.  Has been all year.  

Terps will make a 2nd half run.  And I put my money where my mouth is.  I've done well betting Terps 2nd half odds this year 😁

1 minute ago, Wish said:

I don't why I keep having to tell you guys, but this is a second half team.  Has been all year.  

Terps will make a 2nd half run.  And I put my money where my mouth is.  I've done well betting Terps 2nd half odds this year 😁

I agree with you, I expect them to make a run.  They always do.  But will they overcome a 16 point deficit?  The odds are not high.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

That's what it looked like to me on the replay.

Yea, I did not see him getting fouled at all on that play at all.  And I agree he needs to be more mature at that point, poor senior leadership.   Leave the complaining the coach. 

• Upvote 1

I agree with you, I expect them to make a run.  They always do.  But will they overcome a 16 point deficit?  The odds are not high.

They need to play super hard on defense and cannot miss the easy put backs and other buckets.   They were due for a let down, just need to finish strong and be hot coming in the tourney(s). 

13 minutes ago, Wish said:

Don't see it with 3 fouls on Stix. Shooting should pick up by default but too steep a hill.