Jump to content
atomic

MLB (Orioles) suspended indefinitely

Recommended Posts

Japan league is playing all preseason games without fans.  They are going to suspend schools for 5 weeks.  

I guess they could play games in MLB without crowds and players could travel by chartered airplanes.   Seems like fans aren't going to want to games while the virus is active.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It just depends on how widespread the coronavirus becomes.     It’s too soon to say whether drastic measures like that will become necessary.    They could, but I sure hope not.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, interloper said:

Surely this goes in the MLB section. 

Orioles are affected.  It isn't MLB specific. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It just depends on how widespread the coronavirus becomes.     It’s too soon to say whether drastic measures like that will become necessary.    They could, but I sure hope not.   

Some guy who hasn't been to any of the affected countries or been around anyone whom has been to those countries is in the hospital in California with a confirmed case.  I think it is inevitable at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, atomic said:

Orioles are affected.  It isn't MLB specific. 

What's the purpose of this thread? Some people will say "yes, it's a possibility". Some people will say "no, there's no way". 

What have you accomplished in either case? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, interloper said:

What's the purpose of this thread? Some people will say "yes, it's a possibility". Some people will say "no, there's no way". 

What have you accomplished in either case? 

If you aren't interested why bother replying?  I think there is quite a possibility the season get suspended or cancelled.  I was wondering what others think.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting to note that the Flu epedemic of 1918 started to hit in September and MLB season was shortened that year due to WW1.   Baltimore banned baseball games.   The World Series was played though. Evidently Babe Ruth got the Flu.   The NHL Cancelled the Stanley Cup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, atomic said:

If you aren't interested why bother replying?  I think there is quite a possibility the season get suspended or cancelled.  I was wondering what others think.  

Were you? You seem more intent on just saying everyone else's opinion is wrong, but have at it. I'll move along.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, interloper said:

Were you? You seem more intent on just saying everyone else's opinion is wrong, but have at it. I'll move along.

I have not offered an opinion on whether the season will be cancelled or played without fans.  Your posts have nothing to do with anything I posted.  You are anger is unrelated to my post.  

Fact: Japanese league is playing preseason without fans.

Fact: Virus is spreading. 

Fact: People are fearful of the virus in this country.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could MLB do it?

Sure.  But it'd have to be pretty bad.

Happy to help.  lmk if you have any other questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is way premature but not crazy.  Definitely belongs in MLB though.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...