weams

Orioles Win Fifth in a Row

I always thought the “break up the _____” comment was a reference to breaking apart monopolistic companies (like Standard Oil or AT&T). 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Orange said:

I always thought the “break up the _____” comment was a reference to breaking apart monopolistic companies (like Standard Oil or AT&T). 

Yeah that's what I figured, thanks. A team being so good as to require MLB breaking them up to restore competitive balance. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Ty Cobb maybe wasn't a completely terrible person, or no worse than some of his peers.  But he wasn't exactly a great guy.  He did some things that got him relative slaps on the wrist that would probably have resulted in jail sentences today.
    • I think it was more worth to SD because of their farm system.  They are going to have elite talent making very little money for a while. That helps when you have these types of deals.   That being said, I don't think the length of the deal is good for anyone.
    • Wish we would’ve just taken the money we paid Iglesias(2.5 million), and just given it to prospect from the Dominican. We would’ve likely gotten back a player better than a barely top 30 prospect/low ceiling prospect. 
    • Given our division, until we are league average players in the international signing market then we are always going to face long rebuilds. 
    • I tend to agree that Sisco is not .100 worse at the big league level than he was in the minors. Seems to me that he is likely the kind of guy that you need to go with everyday. 525 ABs over for seasons means he's played sporadically at best.
    • The answer is so obvious that “yellow” shouldn’t even have been an option. BTW when I first saw this I initially thought the first option was “Nate’s HAIR is called Fair.” And I was, like,”well duh. Of COURSE it’s fair. He’s Blonde.” If we subtract the no-brainer answer, Nate’s home run would be my choice.  in 2014, even without Manny, we won 96 games, and the Royals were so lucky that I’m not sure a phalanx of archangels could have beaten them. In 2016, we were enjoying a dead cat bounce,  and even if we’d pulled off the WC game, it’s doubtful we’d have gone any farther. But in 2012, we had a great team, we were on the rise, and the Yankees had serious problems. I’m not sure we’d have gone on to win that game 5, but golly, that would have been one of the all time sweet memories, regardless of what happened next.  
    • That’s the one I would choose if it was an option. The 1996 ALCS might have swung differently if Richie Garcia does his job.
  • Popular Contributors