Sign in to follow this  
ArtVanDelay

Maryland at Rutgers

14 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Not feeling extremely confident against a Rutgers team that is 17-1 at home.

How can feel confident with the Terps in any situation? Haha. The only things consistent about this team are their awful starts and terrible 3-point shooting.

This is the worst shooting team I’ve seen in my life.  EVERY game we’re starting off 1-12 from 3pt range.  Teams can load up their defense in the post to prevent driving because they know we’ll miss a 3.  This team has been exposed.

What the hell was Turge thinking when he recruited Hakim Hart?  That is the ugliest shot in the Big Ten.  Turgeon’s recruiting has been very suspect for 2 years now.  Hart and the Mitchell twins was a complete failure and next year we have a low-end 3 star and an unranked played coming in.....🤦‍♂️

24 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

This is the worst shooting team I’ve seen in my life.  EVERY game we’re starting off 1-12 from 3pt range.  Teams can load up their defense in the post to prevent driving because they know we’ll miss a 3.  This team has been exposed.

What the hell was Turge thinking when he recruited Hakim Hart?  That is the ugliest shot in the Big Ten.  Turgeon’s recruiting has been very suspect for 2 years now.  Hart and the Mitchell twins was a complete failure and next year we have a low-end 3 star and an unranked played coming in.....🤦‍♂️

Yep, it's this year or bust because this team is going to be downright bad next year when Cowan and Stix are gone. Turgeon's recruiting has always been overrated if you ask me. His teams never have depth. He's good at getting that one two key guys but his team's always wear out late in the year because of all the minutes they have to play. 

Terps very well could pull this one out because they usually play much better in the second half, but it really is amazing how bad they shoot from 3-points yet Turgeon has nothing to go to besides letting Cowan drive and get hammered.

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Yep, it's this year or bust because this team is going to be downright bad next year when Cowan and Stix are gone. Turgeon's recruiting has always been overrated if you ask me. His teams never have depth. He's good at getting that one two key guys but his team's always wear out late in the year because of all the minutes they have to play. 

Terps very well could pull this one out because they usually play much better in the second half, but it really is amazing how bad they shoot from 3-points yet Turgeon has nothing to go to besides letting Cowan drive and get hammered.

Maybe Turgeon is eyeing another job and has given up on recruiting?  Idk what other explanation there could be.  The fact that he hasn’t gotten a top 100 commit in consecutive years is just sad.  Even Northwestern gets top 100 guys.

Just checked and 247 now has Marcus Dockery as a 4 star and just outside the top 100.  He was previously a 3 star and ranked in the 250 range.

1 minute ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Maybe Turgeon is eyeing another job and has given up on recruiting? M Idk what other explanation there could be.  The fact that he hasn’t gotten a top 100 commit in consecutive years is just sad.  Even Northwestern gets top 100 guys.

Just checked and 247 now has Marcus Dockery as a 4 star and just outside the top 100.  He was previously a 3 star and ranked in the 250 range.

Good Lord, we can only hope. By the way, I hope Ayala is considering future work in the wall building business because he throws up a ton of bricks!

This game is over.  The Terps may fall ass backwards into the Big Ten title since MSU is losing to Penn State, but this looks like yet another Turgeon late season collapse.

As I said in the Michigan State thread, I wouldn’t be shocked if the Minnesota game ended up being the last win of the season.

That's coaching by the Rutgers coach. His player made a boneheaded move. Pulled him out. Nice job.

Look at how many open shots Rutgers has compared to everything Maryland puts up is contested. Why, because Turgeon's offense SSSSUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSS!

I hope the Terps do lose out so they don't win the Big-10 at this point. Then I hope they go one and done in the tourney and the Terps finally can Turgeon. I'm about done watching any Turgeon teams.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

That's coaching by the Rutgers coach. His player made a boneheaded move. Pulled him out. Nice job.

Look at how many open shots Rutgers has compared to everything Maryland puts up is contested. Why, because Turgeon's offense SSSSUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSS!

I hope the Terps do lose out so they don't win the Big-10 at this point. Then I hope they go one and done in the tourney and the Terps finally can Turgeon. I'm about done watching any Turgeon teams.

We’re going to get a 5 seed in the tourney and lose to a 12 seed mid-major that can shoot 3s.

Michigan State is now beating Penn State after being down by 20, I believe.  This team has choked away the outright Big Ten title and I have little confidence that they will get a share of the title.  They wouldn’t have even been in this position without 3 miracle wins, so maybe this team is just vastly overrated.