eddie83

Trey Mancini illness

I wish him a speedy recovery. I enjoy watching him play, which is not important at the moment, but I just hope everything is ok.

10 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

It is easy to speculate, but the best thing to do is just hope and then play the worst game ever: The Waiting Game.

Hopefully he does get well quickly.  I am nervous about the situation as Mancini has been nothing but class since he joined the organization. 

I think I’m the only one who didn’t immediately think it was serious. I figured it was like, a nose job or a circumcision or a mole removal.

5 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I think I’m the only one who didn’t immediately think it was serious. I figured it was like, a nose job or a circumcision or a mole removal.

That sounds pretty serious.

Then again, he wasn’t a fast runner in the first place.

12 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Yeah people don't do any of that 2 weeks before the season starts. 

15 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

14 hours ago, atomic said:

I'm going to have to agree, no way Mancini is doing anything elective that isn't very necessary. I'll respect his privacy in this matter and hope and pray for a quick recovery.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

If it’s circumcision-related, it could also be a Mohel removal. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, atomic said:

Hemorrhoids, plantars wart - corns - bunions, nasal or colon polyps etc., etc...  A lot of things could be unrelated to baseball but nonetheless recommend themselves to being taken care of sooner rather than later for an athlete.  It's a bit early to jump to these kind of conclusions.

18 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Hemorrhoids, plantars wart - corns - bunions, nasal or colon polyps etc., etc...  A lot of things could be unrelated to baseball but nonetheless recommend themselves to being taken care of sooner rather than later for an athlete.  It's a bit early to jump to these kind of conclusions.

The only one of those things that would require further testing would be polyps.  

2 hours ago, InsideCoroner said:

If it’s circumcision-related, it could also be a Mohel removal. 

Limited group of us folks here that will get this humor.

5 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

It is easy to speculate, but the best thing to do is just hope and then play the worst game ever: The Waiting Game.

Just heard about this and hope it's nothing serious. Trey is one of the few bright spots of the current Orioles.

I’m not sure if Trey wears glasses/contacts.. maybe he’s getting lasik? 

Though Roch used the word "surgery" in his initial tweet, he didn't use it at all in the blog post he published later, simply calling it a non-baseball medical procedure. Not to be alarmist, but for someone in Florida who has flu-like symptoms for five days but hasn't caught the flu, two weeks of self-quarantine could be what the doctor ordered. Not saying that's it, just that it could be.