2. Anthony Santander (S) DH
3. Chris Davis (L) 1B
4. Renato Nunez (R) 3B
5. Jose Iglesias (R) SS
6. Dwight Smith Jr (L) LF
7. Pedro Severino (R) C
8. Richie Martin (R) 2B
9. Yusniel Diaz (R) RF

Yankee RF has the same name as an Oriole pitcher.
Looks like we got 3 real Yankees today plus Tanaka.
Kohl Stewart making his Oriole debut.

Rob Long also broadcasting, looks like he'll be doing some interviews during the game.
  • Upvote 1

Bad throw by Iglesias helps LeMahieu reach.   It bounced, Davis tried to backhand it and couldn't.   In his prime Chris might make that play, but it's an E6.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SteveA said:

Quick 1-6-3 erases the error.

Correction:  1-4-3.   2Bman Richie Martin took the throw.   Stewart knocked it down, picked it up quickly.   Well done DP.

• Upvote 1

Blows a 91 MPH FB past Torres for strike 3.

Anyone who can get Gleyber out will be a welcome addition to the Oriole staff.

It's not Tanaka.   Baseballpress.com had it wrong.

Clarke Schmidt is starting for the Yankees.

Hays reaches on a swinging strike 3 that gets away from the C and rolls to the fence.

Bloop hit for Nunez, falls right on the RF line, shallow, RF can't get over in time.

Slow bouncer to 3rd, 3Bman fields it, but Iglesias beats the throw.   Infield hit for Renato Nunez.   Bases loaded,.

So we've had a bloop hit, an infield hit, a reach-on-strikeout already.

Dwight Smith lines the first pitch the other way for a single, 1 runs scores, 2-0, still bases loaded.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• It is certainly about the $$$, the union wants players to be paid and owners want some tv revenue. They (MLB) will claim it is an attempt to get back to normalcy, but there would be little normal about it. Without fans it will be more like a scrimmage or sim game IMO. Honestly, if I was a vet player, sacked away millions (like Chris Davis), I'd hang up my spikes rather than go through this mirage ball in the desert.
    • Uggh.  Sorry to hear that. My wife is from LI so we are starting to hear about extended family and family of friends with it.  
    • But is that true?  Or is it completely true?  Do 20-year-old players who, for example, tear an ACL and miss a season come back at the same level they were a year before? Does physical maturity and working out and studying film not play some role in development?  It can't be all game action. We could look at WWII.  Lots of guys early in their development took a year or three off, then came back to play in the majors.  Carl Furillo.  Was a prospect, got to the high minors where he hit .280 at the age of 20.  Missed three years due to the war.  Came back at 24, in 1946, and was a starter for the Dodgers for the next 15 years. Guys like Al Dark and Dale Mitchell didn't start their pro careers until 24 because of the war.  Then were almost immediately MLB starters.  Hoot Evers played one MLB game in '41, hit .322 in the Texas League in '42, missed three years for the war, then was immediately a starter for the Tigers and others for 12 years.  Warren Spahn went 17-12 in the Eastern League in '42, missed three years, came back and had a 2.94 ERA in the majors in '46.  Ted Williams and Stan Musial lost years to the war, but aside from the blanks you couldn't tell.  They were great before and after. Then there's guys like Charlie Fox or Clyde Vollmer who were prospects before the war and kind of had their careers derailed. I don't know.  But I don't necessarily think a year off is a huge deal.
    • Couldn't you make it at least as many innings as a Little League game?? Two times through the line up. You'd also have to be creative on extra innings as has been discussed here a few times.
    • My friend who they send home with the virus,is now in the hospital. At least not on a ventilator yet but oxygen and can't eat.And this:    
    • No mound visits? So no tagging either? The catcher sits in the stands? And when 25 to how many players shower what happens? Some of the players will be coming from hot spots.I guess money is the main point of it.Seems like if you play in Arizona that July might be a better idea.Models by then show very few cases.
    • When I was a teenager the standard issue TV/radio announcer was a kind of straight-laced middle-aged guy who soberly described the action.  Some a little more character or personality, one or two were Chuck Thompson, but that was the model.  So when you first heard John Madden or Chris Berman or Dick Vitale it was pretty cool.  These guys got into it!  They were different and interesting and came up with nicknames and catch phrases. Now that I'm 48 I think all of them are more annoying than anything else.  Will you please... just... stop... yelling.  It's the bottom of the 4th, it's May, it's a grounder to short, that's okay, it really doesn't have to be the best thing ever.
  • Popular Contributors