Sign in to follow this  
Philip

Dallas Opera drank the coolaid

The title of this post is a little extreme and I don’t really mean it that way.

Last night about 11 PM, members of the orchestra of the Dallas opera Received a frantic email from management saying that rehearsals have been canceled until Monday at least.

The reason given was that a person connected with a posh local private school has a positive result, and that person is loosely connected with the Dallas opera, and so the sky is falling.

I appreciate the proactive moves, but it is quite possible to go to far and I think that is what’s happening here.

OK, end of rant. I hope this is in the right place by the way.

On 3/12/2020 at 12:04 PM, Philip said:

Last night about 11 PM, members of the orchestra of the Dallas opera Received a frantic email from management saying that rehearsals have been canceled until Monday at least.

The reason given was that a person connected with a posh local private school has a positive result, and that person is loosely connected with the Dallas opera, and so the sky is falling.

I appreciate the proactive moves, but it is quite possible to go to far and I think that is what’s happening here.

No, its rational and prudent to cancel public events, why take the risk?

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

No, its rational and prudent to cancel public events, why take the risk?

What he said. I don't see the problem here, and I don't understand what "drank the coolaid" is supposed to mean in this context. Is the OP saying that everyone who is canceling events is just brainwashed and delusional?

On 3/12/2020 at 12:04 PM, Philip said:

this hasn't aged well