interloper

MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

Things have to get dire-er first. :) Thanks for all the offers tho.

• Upvote 1

Me and all mine aren't sick at all. So that's good news.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

California!....... is oddly corona free. Except for the tasty beer...

14 minutes ago, scOtt said:

California!....... is oddly corona free. Except for the tasty beer...

It is NOT corona free. 7,447 confirmed cases and 150 deaths as of 3/31. But, thanks for the disinformation.

Edited by UpstateNYfan
added info
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Going Underground said:

My Mom in Maryland also sees it as an  inconvenience. Maybe because lived through the end of World War 2, polio, a few other pandemics and other things. 

Yeah and were born into the great depression. My mom here meal 6 days a week growing up was a baked potato.  Hitler demanded everyone turn in their butter churns so as to not waste milk on butter but their neighbor gave them an old one to turn in so they could at least have butter on it.  But I think we take for granted how good we have it these days. 

But I doubt that is the reason. Probably more likely their children are all in middle age and are doing well and they don't need them to take care of grandchildren anymore.  They have had a good life and are content. 

No real suprise. Made no sense to go to almost zero cases in two months. The HUMINT and SIGINT  on this was known for months. 

US intelligence report says China under-reported virus cases and deaths, and claims numbers are 'fake' - Bloomberg cites 3 US officials

1 hour ago, atomic said:

But I doubt that is the reason. Probably more likely their children are all in middle age and are doing well and they don't need them to take care of grandchildren anymore.  They have had a good life and are content. 

It really does get to the point where some know they've come full circle.

You know, for quite a while now, every time I passed a cemetery,

I felt as if I were apartment hunting.---Prof Wutheridge from The Bishop's Wife (1946)

3 hours ago, scOtt said:

Things have to get dire-er first. :) Thanks for all the offers tho.

Please let any of us know if you need anything or any advice. 

• Upvote 2

This was expected.

Breaking: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) announced a 30-day stay-at-home order for the state Wednesday that tells nearly 21 million residents to stay indoors unless they are pursuing “essential services or activities.”

50 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

This was expected.

Breaking: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) announced a 30-day stay-at-home order for the state Wednesday that tells nearly 21 million residents to stay indoors unless they are pursuing “essential services or activities.”

So no baseball down here until May.  If then. 

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

This was expected.

Half a week earlier than I expected.

These stay at home orders need a plan. If you just say stay at home 30 days and then in 30 days stay home another 30 days.  It isn't solving anything.  If they are using that time to get more equipment and ramping up hospitals and getting more testing, and getting out masks to everyone in the community that makes sense.  But I don't hear about any plans.  If your plan is to keep everyone on semi-lockdown for 2 years that isn't going to work. I would like to hear someone tell me their plans.