interloper

MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

1 hour ago, George said:

It's good to have a decent endowment.

My ex used to say that to me all the time.

7 minutes ago, weams said:

No mound visits?

So no tagging either? The catcher sits in the stands? And when 25 to how many players shower what happens? Some of the players will be coming from hot spots.I guess money is the main point of it.Seems like if you play in Arizona that July might be a better idea.Models by then show very few cases.

17 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

My friend who they send home with the virus,is now in the hospital. At least not on a ventilator yet but oxygen and can't eat.And this:

Uggh.  Sorry to hear that.

My wife is from LI so we are starting to hear about extended family and family of friends with it.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

No mound visits?

So no tagging either? The catcher sits in the stands? And when 25 to how many players shower what happens? Some of the players will be coming from hot spots.I guess money is the main point of it.Seems like if you play in Arizona that July might be a better idea.Models by then show very few cases.

It is certainly about the $$$, the union wants players to be paid and owners want some tv revenue. They (MLB) will claim it is an attempt to get back to normalcy, but there would be little normal about it. Without fans it will be more like a scrimmage or sim game IMO. Honestly, if I was a vet player, sacked away millions (like Chris Davis), I'd hang up my spikes rather than go through this mirage ball in the desert.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Uggh.  Sorry to hear that.

My wife is from LI so we are starting to hear about extended family and family of friends with it.  

Thanks.My brother lives on LI and knows two of his friends on ventilators. Bad up there .Stay safe to you and your family.

Jim Hunter is a nice person.Wished him and his family condolences on twitter.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

My friend who they send home with the virus,is now in the hospital. At least not on a ventilator yet but oxygen and can't eat.And this:

Things change quickly and not always for the better Be safe.

I've read yesterday that they are also seeing heart damage in patients.  At this point they don't know if the virus is doing the damage or if it is related to the stress that the illness puts the patient under.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I've read yesterday that they are also seeing heart damage in patients.  At this point they don't know if the virus is doing the damage or if it is related to the stress that the illness puts the patient under.

The flu has also been shown to make the heart weaker, I imagine this works in a similar fashion.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yes,that is one of the reasons we will never get a true count of deaths from the virus  in any country. EMS here when someone dies in their home are putting down cardiac arrest. They don't have time to test them for obvious reasons. 

But the lung damage for people who survive seems to be also something that may linger with them for life,including in the young who have to be incubated . Preliminary studies show that they may have greater risks from even the normal flu in the future.