interloper

MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

46 minutes ago, orpheus100 said:

Yes, this wasn't the doomsday virus that the so called experts and many thought just back in March.  Initially they didn't take it serious enough then they overdid it.  

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-field-hospital-coronavirus-dismantle 

It's a serious virus but then they went overboard with crazy predictions

I like how you put experts in quotes in your other quote.  Makes you look foolish.  Still looking like death rate above 3 percent. Not sure what you think you know more than experts.

Interview with Manfred doesn’t seem promising for the people who think baseball is starting in June.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/mlb-return-contingent-major-thing-rob-manfred-says

2 minutes ago, orpheus100 said:

Death rate is nowhere near that when we know people didn't die from this virus along with asymptomatic people

Maybe next pandemic you won't be so laughably wrong. Also, stop watching cable news If you are. That can rot your brain

I don't have cable. I just read everything.  Maybe you should take your own advice. I am looking at German stats as they test high numbers and asymptomatic people plus they have great healthcare system that is not overwhelmed. They still have over 3 percent death rate. 

I come here for sports and now we have people posting links to Fox News???

i know 3 people who have died in the last week from Covid-19. I don’t know if I can recall anyone who died of the flu in my life.

25 minutes ago, Fla_O'sfan said:

I come here for sports and now we have people posting links to Fox News???

i know 3 people who have died in the last week from Covid-19. I don’t know if I can recall anyone who died of the flu in my life.

Last time I looked, there is no sports.  Cricket would be most enjoyable at this point.

8 minutes ago, MongoBoy said:

Last time I looked, there is no sports.  Cricket would be most enjoyable at this point.

They said people were actually betting on Russian handball even though they could not see it But Russia is in bad shape now.KBO baseball?

2 hours ago, orpheus100 said:

Yes, this wasn't the doomsday virus that the so called experts and many thought just back in March.  Initially they didn't take it serious enough then they overdid it.  

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-field-hospital-coronavirus-dismantle 

It's a serious virus but then they went overboard with crazy predictions

Or, perhaps, the measures that were taken have helped to somewhat mitigate its effects.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MongoBoy said:

Fauci said he thinks that we will have baseball.No fans ,in one or two states. Also he is a Nationals fan.Fire him 

4 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Fauci said he thinks that we will have baseball.No fans ,in one or two states. Also he is a Nationals fan.Fire him 

He can't really be a Nats fan.  He was born in New York.  He didn't come to the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda until 1968, which means the Senators were only a thing for three more years and they only had one halfway decent season in that timeframe. 

By my flawless fan reasoning flowchart he should be a Mets fan, since he was born in NY, grew up a Dodgers or Giants fan, when they left he should have become disillusioned, and eventually recovered and started rooting for the Mets.  The only way you become a Yanks fan is if you have some kind of deep, dark, genetic or psychological flaw.  Which I guess he could have, but he seems like a decent chap.

I'm guessing the departure of the Giants/Dodgers scarred him deeply and left him unable to commit to any team.  To go along with his coworkers and neighbors he pretends to be a Nats fan, while secretly wishing that he could go to a new Ebbets Field or the Polo Grounds.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, orpheus100 said:

Personally I have known 2 people who have died of the flu in the last 5 years.

Don't know anyone who has Corona, much less died from it

Where do you live?  My wife is from Long Island.  The number of people we know who have it is in the double digits. The number of people are pretty sure they have it, but can’t/won’t get tested is approaching double digits.

25 minutes ago, orpheus100 said:

Cinemark will open it's movie theaters in July.

We know baseball will be back in June-July.

With this news maybe a limited number of fans in the stands

We most certainly don't know anything of the sort. We can certainly hope, but we don't know. It's way too early to tell.

10 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

We most certainly don't know anything of the sort. We can certainly hope, but we don't know. It's way too early to tell.

Sure we do,just like this happened. With that this will be my last post.Have a good one.Stay safe and have a good and long life 

Feb. 14: “We have a very small number of people in the country, right now, with it. It’s like around 12. Many of them are getting better. Some are fully recovered already. So we’re in very good shape.”

4 hours ago, orpheus100 said:

Yet you discount the number we have who didn't die from the virus

No, I discount those that have a single, narrow minded objective and spread misinformation based on their own biases, regardless of the potential consequences. If you have any knowledge at all, in any major metropolitan area they can tell you what the "normal" number of deaths for any given year, month, etc. From that they can extrapolate deviances from the norms and come up with pretty accurate data, not exact but close enough. You certainly  have a right to your gut feelings, and the right to express them.

3 hours ago, orpheus100 said:

Comparing different countries, lol

Man, there is no hope for you

The comparison was made for good incisive reasons. Even in Germany, where the fatality rate from Covid-19 is much lower than it is in every other major nation, it's still much higher than it is historically for influenza. Also, since testing there is widespread and preemptive, it provides better comparative data.