Tony-OH

Opening Day: Yankees bomb Orioles 9-5 (sim)

BOTTOM OF THE 5TH
Baltimore Orioles batting - Pitching for New York Yankees : RHP Gerrit Cole
Batting: RHB Pedro Severino 0-0: Called Strike
0-1: Ball
1-1: Swinging Strike
1-2: Ball
2-2: Ball
3-2: Foul Ball, location: 2F
3-2: SINGLE (Line Drive, 89S, EV 104.4 MPH)
Batting: LHB Dwight Smith Jr. 0-0: Ball
1-0: Called Strike
1-1: Foul Ball, location: 2F
1-2: 2-RUN HOME RUN (Flyball, 78XD, EV 108.8 MPH), Distance : 385 ft
Batting: RHB Jose Iglesias 0-0: Ball
1-0: Swinging Strike
1-1: Ball
2-1: SINGLE (Flyball, 6D, EV 93.8 MPH)
Batting: LHB Rio Ruiz 0-0: Foul Ball, location: 5F
1-2: Strikes out swinging
Batting: RHB Austin Hays 0-0: Ball
1-0: Grounds into double play, 1-4-3 (Groundball, 15S, EV 73.8 MPH)
Bottom of the 5th over - 2 runs, 3 hits, 0 errors, 0 left on base; New York 9 - Baltimore 3

1 minute ago, Dipper9 said:

Rough day for Means.  Maybe I'm happy to be home?  😲

Hyde should have left him out there to eat some innings, going to burn out the bullpen by May at this rate!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hyde should have left him out there to eat some innings, going to burn out the bullpen by May at this rate!

Hyde tried to nurse him through the 4th but that double was a rocket and with the off day tomorrow, he could afford to get some guys some work.

• Upvote 1

TOP OF THE 6TH
New York Yankees batting - Pitching for Baltimore Orioles : RHP Hector Velazquez
Batting: RHB Gleyber Torres 0-0: Foul Ball, location: 3F
1-1: Foul Ball, location: 2F
2-2: Fly out, F7 (Flyball, 7S, EV 91.9 MPH)
Batting: RHB Giancarlo Stanton 0-0: Foul Ball, location: 9LMF
0-1: Swinging Strike
0-2: Foul Ball, location: 9LMF
0-2: SINGLE (Line Drive, 9LS, EV 93.1 MPH)
Pitching: RHP Miguel Castro  
Batting: RHB Gary Sanchez 0-0: Foul Ball, location: 2F
0-2: Ball
2-2: Foul Ball, location: 2F
2-2: Strikes out swinging
Batting: RHB Luke Voit 0-0: Called Strike
2-2: Ball
3-2: Strikes out swinging
Top of the 6th over - 0 runs, 1 hit, 0 errors, 1 left on base; New York 9 - Baltimore 3

BOTTOM OF THE 6TH
Baltimore Orioles batting - Pitching for New York Yankees : RHP Gerrit Cole
Batting: RHB Hanser Alberto 0-0: SINGLE (Groundball, 6D, EV 106.3 MPH)
Batting: SHB Anthony Santander 0-0: Ground out 6-3 (Groundball, 4, EV 100.6 MPH)
Hanser Alberto to second
Batting: RHB Renato Nunez 0-0: Called Strike
1-1: 2-RUN HOME RUN (Flyball, 7LD, EV 93.8 MPH), Distance : 373 ft
Pitching: RHP Tommy Kahnle  
Batting: LHB Chris Davis 0-0: Foul Ball, location: 2F
1-2: Strikes out swinging
Batting: RHB Pedro Severino 0-0: Swinging Strike
0-1: Foul Ball, location: 2F
1-2: Fly out, F7 (Flyball, 7, EV 96.3 MPH)
Bottom of the 6th over - 2 runs, 2 hits, 0 errors, 0 left on base; New York 9 - Baltimore 5

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Tony, how long does this sim take to play through?

If i let the computer run it all it will take a second or two, but I manage the game for the Orioles so it take anywhere from 10-20 mins a game.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Tony, how long does this sim take to play through?

They take about 15 mins. or so I find. Its a lot of press space bar to continue. I think you may be able to do pitch by pitch but I have never tried. Rarely do I ever "play" the games and mostly sim week to week

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

If i let the computer run it all it will take a second or two, but I manage the game for the Orioles so it take anywhere from 10-20 mins a game.

Just now, andrewochs615 said:

They take about 15 mins. or so I find. Its a lot of press space bar to continue. I think you may be able to do pitch by pitch but I have never tried. Rarely do I ever "play" the games and mostly sim week to week

Right on, thanks guys.  

1 minute ago, andrewochs615 said:

I do not play pitch to pitch, but I typical sim the first 6 innings and then take over the managerial decision if the game is close. If it's a blow out I'll typically sim out the game. 

For these games, I'm going to play by inning.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Right on, thanks guys.  

Its a great game, especially if you love stats and playing GM. There are many many many many options so it can be overwhelming at first. 

This is actually really tempting.  I'm thinking about getting this and having two different Orioles franchise.  One where I try to do absurd stuff like bring Gray Rod up and have him as my opening day 2020 starter and see how many players it would try to take to trade for Mike Trout while avoiding bankruptcy.  And then, you know, one that's more serious.

• Haha 1