Sign in to follow this  
Aglets

Ravens sign Derek Wolfe at DL

1 hour ago, Aglets said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28966156/ex-broncos-de-derek-wolfe-ravens-agree-1-year-deal-source-says

Found our Brockers replacement?

He just turned 30, has had some injury issues at times.  But has definitely had results when he is on the field.  Seems to have a good motor for getting to the QB.

The positive with such a good deal is that it leaves the Ravens with a decent chunk of salary cap space remaining. According to Over the Cap, Baltimore had $14.4 million in space before their deal with Wolfe. If the deal only counts as $3 million, they’ll have just shy of $12 million remaining.

Cap friendly

For me this is an eh signing.  Wolfe is decent, he does what he is suppose to do and does that well but he doesnt flash.  He also gets injured a lot.  If he were the Ravens first rounder when he was drafted we would be disappointed in the results.  And dont expect a Ravems bump because hes in a better system because he was playing on a very good D-line.  

All that said, as long as he is on the field he is not going to hurt, he will do what he needs to do.  And the cap savings are intriguing.

As long as he can stay healthy he is an upgrade over Wormley for not much more money and a better pass rusher than Brockers.

What kind of long term extension would you offer a 30 year old defensive end with injury history?

18 hours ago, Aglets said:

What kind of long term extension would you offer a 30 year old defensive end with injury history?

I would assume that he'd be happy with a 2 or 3 year extension

On 4/5/2020 at 3:38 PM, Aglets said:

Good point. I don't see Costa doing anything long term unless it helps his salary cap. Costa has shown his ability to get the right talent through trade and free agent signings.

21 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Good point. I don't see Costa doing anything long term unless it helps his salary cap. Costa has shown his ability to get the right talent through trade and free agent signings.

Agreed with all of this.  DeCosta has done an exceptional job at building a roster during his short tenure so far imo, and he strikes me as the kind of guy that won't be fooled into extending guys long term that carry a lot of risk.