Sign in to follow this  
Tony-OH

Orioles swept by Red Sox as Orioles offense continues to sputter (sim)

2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Why is Chris Davis starting against LHP in the sim and playing both ends of a doubleheader? 

Lack of options? Trust me, I don't wanna play him but I don't have a ton of options.

In game one he was the only lefty in the lineup with Sisco, Smith Jr. Williams and Ruiz on the bench. I could have started Smith Jr. instead of him (DHing him while moving Nunez to 1B), but just decided to give him the opportunity early in the season plays Davis is a better defender at 1B than Nunez. 

In the second game against the righty, Davis actually got his first hit of the year but again, not a ton of 1B options. When Mountcastle comes up, Davis is going to see a lot less time. 

12 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Davis has been awful for me as well.

Yeah we're going to have to put on our thinking caps and figure out the best way to dispose of him. Or keep him.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Lack of options? Trust me, I don't wanna play him but I don't have a ton of options.

In game one he was the only lefty in the lineup with Sisco, Smith Jr. Williams and Ruiz on the bench. I could have started Smith Jr. instead of him (DHing him while moving Nunez to 1B), but just decided to give him the opportunity early in the season plays Davis is a better defender at 1B than Nunez. 

In the second game against the righty, Davis actually got his first hit of the year but again, not a ton of 1B options. When Mountcastle comes up, Davis is going to see a lot less time. 

I would definitely take a lot more liberties if I was running a sim. Davis would return to his 2013 form or I would cut him.

O's are doing much better in Stratomatic, taking 2 of 3 from the Sox and just pulled out the opener vs St. Louis in extras. Means has been solid in both starts and the bullpen has been lights out.